bows and arrows instead of guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

anshul

Journeyman
Hello gamerz
Most of you like to play fps games. You like to move around with virtual guns and killing enemies and opponents. But would there be some difference if you are provided with knives, swords, bows and arrows and other medivel weapons to fight with. I know most of you would say that " jo baat bandook mein hai woh talwar mein nahin". But then I would recommend you Age of vampires series and such games.

Now leave that topic and comment on my statement " Fighting in a jungle(virtual) full of hidden traps & ambush with bows and arrows is much more exciting than running with guns in enclosed castles or bungalows or such walled structures.You too would like hunting while sitting on trees than in bunkers."
Think wisely and dont answer without imagining.

With love
another gamer like you. :D :D :D :D :D :D

saurya_mishra

Broken In
u r right. but i would rather say (i am quoting myself :))
"jo baat talwar me hai wo banduk me nahi"
it is pure pleasure to see and hear your arrow Whiiiiizzzz through the the air and Thwakk on the enemy... i say there should be a "medival unreal tournament"...
what do u say ?

Saurya the robin hood

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
if i could develop games i wud have done i ages ago, imagine a multiplayer or a single player like this ....cool .
still if u have not played Tenchu,onimusha,etc(there are many but i don't remember the names right now) play them these games have sword fighting and are really good(but are not FPS).

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
There is a game in which you use Bow & arrows and knives - Thief 3: Deadly Shadows. You can even play that entire game from a First person perspective hence you could call it an FPS.

OP
anshul

anshul

Journeyman
bows and arrows

Well I too would wait for such a tournament. Maybe some game developer reads this topic and passes this word amongst others.

vysakh

Padawan
i like games like POP SOT and POP WW in which we kill others using a sword. I also like the super-acrobatic moves.

cg84

Broken In
medieval UT - the game u r looking for is soul callibur. hv never played it(it was made for the dreamcast), but from wat i've heard, its the best sword-fighting game ever.

and as for bows and arrows and jungles, well, theirs ultima underworld(ultima 3) - that was, i think, the first game with a first person perspective. yes, it came even before wolf3d. of course its very old...but it sure did hv bows and arrows.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Ummm....Soul Calibur is not exactly an FPS. It is like Mortal Kombat but with a different set of characters and weapons. I have played Soul Calibur II on the PS2 and the GamCube. The game is awesome. But not all characters have swords ;)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Theif can be played in first person as well as third person view , but the game is not of agressive nature, the game shud be like hl2,doom with arrows,throwing knifes

infernus

Broken In
Yeah, soul calibur is a fighter and is only in consoles. Its a sequel to the playstation game soul blade. I play that in my ps emulator with mah friends. Nice fighting game. Hmm.... i know a lot more fighters like it which i play in my neogeo/cps 2 emulator kawaks like last blade series, samurai showdown series, king of fighters series, marvel vs capcom, snk vs capcom and a lot more. Cool fighters. And all of them have multiplayer support. You can play multiplayer on the same system with your pal, and they even have online multiplayer support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom