booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anusu90

Right off the assembly line
Hi! my mane is Anunay Sinha.

i have an intel pentium 4 processor @ 3.06 G Hz;Intel motherboard(d101ggc);1 GB DDR @ 400MHz (512 MB*2, samsung and Umax);XFX Nvidia GF 8500 GT; 40 GB Seagate IDE HDD( 6yrs old) and an 160 GB sata HDD(western digital). I use windows XP SP3; a frontech 450 W SMPS and sony DVD writer. I have installed windows in C drive -25 GB) on the newer hdd. I use old hdd as a complete isolate partition for saving my music collection. Problem is when i start my computer after the window's welcome screen a blue screen flashes for a second saying something error(don't gives that much time to read) and computer restarts,this time correctly starts and every thing is normal.I reinstalled XP, completely formatted my HDD, done "sfc /scannow".

But the problem continues.please help me.i have avast home,un hack me software along with windows defender.

Shall be thankful to you.

Anunay sinha

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Try to format your old hdd
if the problem still persists then you should remove the old hdd and boot the system
Again if the problem persists then your SMPS or Mobo has gone bad
Maybe your Cooling fans wouldn't be working properly

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
First we'll need to know what is the BSOD that you're getting. For this, right-click on 'My Computer' on the desktop and select Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and under the Startup & Recovery section, click Settings. Now uncheck 'Automatically Restart' and close all boxes by clicking OK. Now reboot, note the BSOD message and get back to us!

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
^^ He cannot turn on his computer. How can he get to My Computer?

Try this. Immediately after the computer turns on, keep pressing F8 until the boot options open. There should be a option called "Last known good configuration". Use arrow keys and press enter to select. I haven't tried but it should reboot. After the reboot I believe that Windows should start normally.

To post what the BSOD says, keep pressing F8 when the computer turns on until the boot options come up, go to Safe Mode and press enter. Safe Mode will load the minimum number of drivers and boot up. It should work. Then follow the directions Kl@w-24 gave you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom