Booting from SSD after cloning from Hdd.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
How do I know if the os is booting from the ssd ?
I Cloned my C:drive Hdd to D:drive ssd but I can't format my c drive after that. I changed my boot priority to SSD in bios settings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Try unplugging the HDD and then boot again. Also, if the system partitions didn't get cloned over, you would need to format the ssd and do a fresh install while keeping the hdd unplugged.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Now I can't even go into windows. It says select proper boot device. Can't even enter bios. What to do ?

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
I can boot now from hard disk but how do I install windows on D:drive (SSD) as I have only an external hard drive ?
Or how can I use C:drive(HDD) to install windows on D:drive(SSD) ?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi all,

Recently purchased a Crucial P1 nvme 500GB SSD. I already have a 1TB SATA HDD. Since the SSD drive has a lower capacity than the main HDD, how can I migrate only the OS (Win 10) to the SSD and boot from it? I will use the 1TB SATA drive as for only storage.

I used Acronis software suggested by Crucial but could not clone the C drive to the SSD.

I have 4 partitions in the 1TB HDD presently.

C: 100GB (contains Win10)
D: 300GB
E: 300GB
F: 300GB

Please suggest a solution.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi all,

Recently purchased a Crucial P1 nvme 500GB SSD. I already have a 1TB SATA HDD. Since the SSD drive has a lower capacity than the main HDD, how can I migrate only the OS (Win 10) to the SSD and boot from it? I will use the 1TB SATA drive as for only storage.

I used Acronis software suggested by Crucial but could not clone the C drive to the SSD.

I have 4 partitions in the 1TB HDD presently.

C: 100GB (contains Win10)
D: 300GB
E: 300GB
F: 300GB

Please suggest a solution.
This:
Remove all drives except the SSD and do a fresh install. Then plug other drives, backup data from C: drive from HDD and format it.

Top Bottom