Books reading & listening - Kindle or iPad?

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am fine with buying stuffs from somewhat known people, its hard to trust the strangers. So I will stick to new one this time.

D

Deleted member 345628

Woah ......... Amazon says "Wifi+Free 4G Service" . Does kindle have "Free 4G Service" ?

D

Deleted member 345628

Woah ......... Amazon says "Wifi+Free 4G Service" . Does kindle have "Free 4G Service" ?
Wi-Fi + free 4G uses the same wireless signals that cell phones use but with no monthly fees or commitments—Amazon pays for cellular connectivity. Using wireless connectivity to make other services available, such as wireless delivery of personal documents, may require an additional charge. For more information, see the Connectivity and Availability section of the Amazon Device Terms of Use

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^Thank you! I will check about the 4G thing. But I am not going to buy that model since I just need Wifi connectivity.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions once again!
I decided to go with Kindle Paperwhite.
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/post-your-latest-purchase.45694/post-2405909

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yeah, for pure reading go for Kindle. For audiobooks, I just use audible on my phone.

You can convert PDFs and other file formats to Kindle supported formats using tools like Calibre.
Hi! Is this the correct URL to download Calibre?
*calibre-ebook.com/download_windows

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes. That is correct.

It will automatically detect your Kindle model and allow you to manage your ebooks on it.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I connected the Kindle to PC but I don't know where the actual books are and in which directory should I transfer the books from PC to Kindle. As of now it shows the directories like this:
1627837663818.png

1. Can I create my own directory here and will be able to open them in Kindle?
  2. Can I delete the books from Kindle on PC while browsing Kindle directory?
  3. Is Kindle memory works like a normal USB drive?

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just open calibre and it will automatically detect your books on the Kindle.
I launched the Calibre while Kindle was connected and I was able to see some books. But it is listing all the downloaded samples under book list. That was confusing. I am still learning the UI.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes, downloaded samples will be added to your Kindle library. You can delete them if you want.

khalil1210

In the zone
You can remove book from kindle using Calibre - Select a book > Right Click > Remove books > Remove matching books from device

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am getting hang of using the Calibre. Reading on kindle is different from books so that will take some time getting used to. Book conversion from PDF to AZW3 isn't that good. Lots of junk characters were added but I guess that would be because of some table/image in the original PDF file. Yet to try format conversion of plain PDF format book.

@pkkumarcool PDF files are mostly like images i guess. Because I could not find the option to increase the font. Only pinch zoom-in/out works of PDF files. And it performs slightly slow on PDF book. PDF format books will be good when the original book doesn't have too much margin around the text so you can read without zooming in.

khalil1210

In the zone
you can try converting pdf to epub using epubator ePUBator - Apps on Google Play

and then load epub in calibre and convert epub to azw3

Top Bottom