Blackberry Help!!

AKP

Broken In
I recently got a BB Bold 9780 which was used in UK, where it supported all connections. Now I would like to use the phone like other phones, is it possible or do I have to subscribe to a Blackberry plan?

The normal sim/connection I use supports only phone calls and I would like to have the normal text service also.The phone says short message transfer denied when I try sending a text.BB service is not necessary.Also since I have a router at home Blackberry Internet Service is also not a priority.

So if anyone has any ideas as to what I should use please help.This happens to be my first BB.Can anyone suggest any cheap BB plans?just voice calls and normal SMS texts are required.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I recently got a BB Bold 9780 which was used in UK, where it supported all connections. Now I would like to use the phone like other phones, is it possible or do I have to subscribe to a Blackberry plan?

The normal sim/connection I use supports only phone calls and I would like to have the normal text service also.The phone says short message transfer denied when I try sending a text.BB service is not necessary.Also since I have a router at home Blackberry Internet Service is also not a priority.

So if anyone has any ideas as to what I should use please help.This happens to be my first BB.Can anyone suggest any cheap BB plans?just voice calls and normal SMS texts are required.

Strange you are able to make phone calls but not send texts?

See this :

sms error 97 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

not to be rude, but try using google the next time.

OP
A

AKP

Broken In
Thanks mate, I have already tried that. Doesn't help, no confirmation to the registration is received.
It now says "Network Out Of Order", but other bsnl connections have no problem sending messages.

Top Bottom