'Black Panther' star Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer at 43

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Source: 'Black Panther' star Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer at 43 - Times of India

Actor Chadwick Boseman, who played Black icons Jackie Robinson and James Brown before finding fame as the regal Black Panther in the Marvel cinematic universe, died Friday of cancer, his representative said. He was 43.

Boseman died at his home in the Los Angeles area with his wife and family by his side, his publicist Nicki Fioravante told The Associated Press.

Boseman was diagnosed with colon cancer four years ago, his family said in a statement.

"A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much," his family said in the statement. "From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson's Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and several more- all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther."

This year so many good actors died of cancer. :-(

@ico @Desmond David @Nerevarine @Vyom @rhitwick @sam9s @SaiyanGoku

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Oh man. RIP.

I wonder whether they will hire someone else to take his place or leave the Black Panther character out from the MCU.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
One of my regrets is passing Black Panther when it came out in theater. When I watched it later, I got so intrigued with Wakanda, and especially Chadwick!
He was a good actor and probably battling with cancer while he was being the Black Panther!

quicky008

Technomancer
Although i am quite distressed to hear about his death,i dont think that black panther movie was really that good.Marvel's representation of black panther in comics and animated movies were far better than in this film.

One of the biggest regrets in life is people who are genuinely detestable go on living for a very long time while the good ones pass away at an early age.I wish that idiot Elon musk with his big mouth,lofty promises(which amount to nothing useful basically in the long run) and petulant demeanour (bashing other people on social media) had died instead of this person.

OP
W

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although i am quite distressed to hear about his death,i dont think that black panther movie was really that good.Marvel's representation of black panther in comics and animated movies were far better than in this film.
Compared to comics/animated almost no live action adaptation movie is good(incl avengers). Black Panther movie was highly praised because of its relatively good plot relying mainly on people of colour in a superhero universe which is rare in Hollywood.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
One of the biggest regrets in life is people who are genuinely detestable go on living for a very long time while the good ones pass away at an early age.I wish that idiot Elon musk with his big mouth,lofty promises(which amount to nothing useful basically in the long run) and petulant demeanour (bashing other people on social media) had died instead of this person.

Your comments to Elon was totally uncalled for in this thread. Would like to know the reason for such views in maybe a separate thread.

Top Bottom