BITCOIN MINING : Has anybody tried it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I was wondering whether anybody has tried Bitcoin mining on their PC's ?, If yes has anybody been successful ?

I have heard that the mining algorithm's require a powerful GPU, and nowadays even laptops come with good GPU's so I don't think hardware would be a problem for anyone ?

Do share your experiences !

Cheers!
Abhijit

snap

Lurker
wrong section and the thread you are searching for is this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cavern/180831-cryptocurrency-litecoin-mining-discussion-thread.html :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
To answer OP's query, you are late to the party. You don't even have the slightest idea how powerful the graphics card should be to mine Bitcoin. The graphics card which comes with laptop is... tch tch... nvm :lol:

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried with both my laptops. Apparently I need 3-4 years to earn just 1$. T_T

To answer OP's query, you are late to the party. You don't even have the slightest idea how powerful the graphics card should be to mine Bitcoin. The graphics card which comes with laptop is... tch tch... nvm :lol:

I know about Bitcoin mining (from the news of-course), the guy setting up a mining centre in Iceland or something.

What about all these newcomers(dodgecoin,litecoin etc ?). I did a college presentation on "Grid Computing".

Grid computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was wondering if we could use such a technology to mine bitcoins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom