Bill Gates Replaced as the Richest Man in the World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Mexican telecom tycoon Carlos Slim Helu has overtaken Microsoft founder Bill Gates as the richest person on the planet, according to a Mexican financial website.

Slim has grown even wealthier thanks to a sudden 27% surge in the share prices of his company 'America Movil'. The difference between their two fortunes is around nine billion dollars in favor of Slim. Source-TimesOnline. One of his quotes on Technology : "I still have my laptop but I haven't used it. I'm a paper man, not electronic"!

The other one
The news is true, i read it today in the newspaper . But the source should me mentioned every time you post a news thread.

I am surprised of the fact that a telecom guy took over bill gates , i was hoping for a petrolium giant to take over considering the profit companies are making in the petrolium business.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well actually this is not the first time ... cnet has reported that back in 2000 also billy g lost the title ...

@every1 else ... anandk is a senior member who is well versed with the rules ... sometimes it so happens that humans forget certain things

goobimama

 Macboy
Gates is nothing compared to those stupendously rich columbian drug lords...but then again, who cares...

iamtheone

Journeyman
:shock: :shock: a telecom company owner replacing the owner of microsoft(the very creator of personal computers,atleast bringing them in mainstream) is shocking......i wonder how many connections wud that telecom company had had distributed:rolleyes: .

rajasekharan

Youngling
if they can spend some money on country like us to get develop better,ah well. its their hard earned money afterall, so i guess we cant say anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom