Best Thermal Paste for 5 years old laptop

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
I have HP DV6-6165tx and I have used Noctua NT-H1 (bought from Primeabgb online store in 2014) twice in the span of 5 years. I have never noticed any temperature difference after applying the paste. Temperature goes over 90c (on playing a game or using Photoshop) and the bottom side of the laptop is so much heated after prolong use that it becomes hard to keep it on lap. I had cleaned the laptop around 6-7 months ago but now even running MS OFFICE makes the laptop so hot. Should I re-apply the expired Noctua or should I purchase a new paste? Sometimes I also feel like something is burning but I doubt that. While reading reviews about Coolermaster thermal paste and Arctic Silver 5 on Amazon.in I noticed people complaining about the viscosity of the compound. I am confused and worried about the life of the laptop.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I have attached the temperature record snapshot under normal usage (google chrome, single window and no other app).
*imgur.com/a/T0uDH
*<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/T0uDH"><a href="//imgur.com/T0uDH"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom