best sandbox game with a cool/interesting story

anuragsinghh

Broken In
today I was playing sleeping dogs and I realized that it had a pretty nice story and I have completed about 75% of the game , I have played every gta game till date ( gta 3 , myraid island, vice city, sanandreas, gta 4 ) but I have never followed their story so my question is that now that I like sleeping dogs storyline should I play other gta games too for the sake of their story or I haven't missed anything that big ? so my question is that which gta or any other sandbox games has best and funnest story line to follow and where does sleeping dogs stand on your list?

guru_urug

iGoogle
Try far cry 3 and Just Cause 2.

Just Cause is more funny and humorous. More unconventional and offers a huge world to play in and explore. Its third person like GTA. Whereas FarCry 3 is the latest of the farcry series and offers a more serious and gruesome storyline. It is in first person and offers a sandbox environment too. It is immense fun to play and I have myself spent hours on both these games.

Just Cause will offer you more variety, you can hijack planes and climb sky scrapers and stuff. Also using the hook and gliding mechanism to travel over the world never gets old! Very enjoyable!! For that reason I will ask you to try Just cause 2 first.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
For me
Far Cry 3 / Crysis 1 > Vice City > Skyrim > Mafia 2 / GTA IV / San Andreas > Sleeping Dogs > Just Cause 2
Not sure if all these can be called sandbox games.

Mafia 2 isn't as free as GTA games but it has a great story. It gets over quickly though.
Skyrim was the first RPG I played & I loved it. The main story line is decent, there are a lots of side missions & the world is huge. I've got over 100 hours on it & have still not completed the main story.

Last edited:
OP
anuragsinghh

anuragsinghh

Broken In
I have completed far cry 3 a month ago and I have to say it was mind blowing and I have completed crysis too and for jc2 I think its a cheap and bad game and its just my opinion so please don't bash me for this so I think I should get mafia 2 and one more thing which gta game has best story acc. to you all?

gameranand

Living to Play
1. Fallout 3
2. Fallout New Vegas
3. Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
4. Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

All are great games with good storyline. Let me remind you that 3 of the 4 I mentioned were GOTY. :)

logout20

Journeyman
far cry 3 is my favorite..actually its a mixture of various good things from other games ..like tower unlocking from assassin creed..one of the mission copied from total overdose..travelling from just cause 2....

Gun by capcom {old and gold} - just play it.

Top Bottom