Best purchase below 20k ?

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
1. Budget? - 20k

2. Display type and size? - AMOLED and IPS not more than 5"

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?- Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? - Sony, Samsung, LG, Motorola

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). - Touch (this entry should be revised)

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - Flash, Autofocus(optional), Front Cam

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - 3G, WiFi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? All

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Everything (mainly for gaming but camera isn't a priority)

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - None that I can think of besides the usual, Xperia L

12. Any other info that you want to share - I'm just looking for a robust phone that may take me well into another year without getting too worn-out. Now I know Galaxy S4 or G2 is outside my reach but I'd still be okay with an older flagship that is capable enough to perform well over another year and at a good enough price it'd be a steal. That said, I don't think there are any good options available within this range with the preferred OEMs as either they are overpriced or lacking good hardware. So, is there anything that comes close ?

Now these phones are obviously out of budget but still I'm discussing them in order to provide an accurate description of what I'm looking for

Galaxy S3 - I recently checked the prices and its still stuck at 23k. Now that is outdated and outperformed by newer ones so I've dropped it from my list.

Galaxy Grand 2 - I do not think its a good buy. Screen, processor, future outlook... nope

Moto G - Now its not exactly a power packed phone but even though sporting an Adreno 305, I do not think it'd scale well into the next year (or even this year itself). The other reason I mentioned it was because I was looking to keep it as a backup in case I fail to find something good in the budget.

Nexus 4 - Of late I've started learning from people(who own it) that LG definitely made some compromises in putting together a device that costs less then the best but performs equally well. The heating issue is a major problem and the glass panel can crack without even trying (drops happen). The surprising discovery is that despite the Adreno 320 humming inside it manages to stutter in GTA. This made me lower my expectations from anything sporting a 320 (maybe I'm wrong)

Optimus G - Same as above minus the google goodies. Just considered it as someone here on the forum mentioned a link to a cheap optimus g

Xperia ZR - The only reason I'm considering it is because it contains a microSD card slot and that is my most important priority as I tend to carry my music library around and even though I think 16GB is enough for installing apps, some high end games really take up 1GB of installation space. Now just a couple of games would have been okay but throw in a bunch of them and along with the high definition pics n vids taken from the phone's cam itself those 16gigs don't seem much. The other reason being its price tag of around 24k which is closer to 20k

So looking back into the range I see there is hardly any purchase worth making as all the good ones seem to be hovering around 25k

Still, if there is anything that I might have missed which is available now (not, back then) then let me know. There is no hurry to buy but my current phone is soon going to die and I had to replace it anyway so, that's it

If u can, get Xperia ZR

Some clarifications regarding N4:
- Back panel doesn't crack due to heating. Also it doesn't crack if dropped down accidently, if it has a cover over it
- Battery life is average for the price
- Storage is 12.9GB user accessible which is used for apps too(no separate partition)

OP
E

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
As you own an N4(I assume from your signature) what has been your experience ? Anything only legit owners know that others don't ?

Also, is the N4 version of Kitkat different from N5 ? (not that it matters that much but still)

I'll see if I can get the ZR available at best price else anything cheaper will do because the lack of expansion is a bit of a bummer (though I'll have to learn to live with it, eventually)

As you own an N4(I assume from your signature) what has been your experience ? Anything only legit owners know that others don't ?

Also, is the N4 version of Kitkat different from N5 ? (not that it matters that much but still)

I'll see if I can get the ZR available at best price else anything cheaper will do because the lack of expansion is a bit of a bummer (though I'll have to learn to live with it, eventually)

I'm not much satisfied after using this phone...... That's the truth !!! I was satisfied with S2 earlier

Main reasons:
- No network video calling & no S-AMOLED display (actually these are few things which I miss from my S2)
- No expandable storage
- Screen on time is less than even S2

I would personally say, don't go the performance & android updates as there are many other things which matter. I think S3 would be a better choice than N4 if u can't get ZR

Top Bottom