Charley

Just Do It
1. Budget? 15k
2. Display type and size? no preference
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? no preference
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? rear, front, macro
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Android 10+
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). no preference
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? surfing net, watching videos
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Mi Note 10
10. Any other info that you want to share - Should have external memory slot and dual sim slots,, at least 6 GB RAM + 128 GB

Any suggestions?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Samsung Galaxy M21 4GB,64GB @ 12.5k
Best Amoled display with latest Android 11 updated phone
Don't go with cheap Chinese bloatware phones like Realme, Redmi, Motorola etc
Link:*www.amazon.in/dp/B07HGJJ559/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_D8YTXZGM7BE1TQZFG0DP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
If you can increase about 1.5k more then you can get
Samsung Galaxy M31 @ 16.5k
PS: My wife has this M31 phone and it's working fantasticly

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Link:*www.amazon.in/dp/B07HGJJ559/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_D8YTXZGM7BE1TQZFG0DP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

afaik, Motorola phones don't have any bloatware and have almost stock android with just a few customisations

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It

I had this phone M21 and due to the yellow screen display I dont use it.

How do you remove the yellow screen?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I had this phone M21 and due to the yellow screen display I dont use it.

How do you remove the yellow screen?
I am using M31s I think you are getting yellow screen issue if you switch on Eye Comfort shield in the drop down menu
Just switch it off
My wife uses M21 and it's working perfectly

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
I am using M31s I think you are getting yellow screen issue if you switch on Eye Comfort shield in the drop down menu
Just switch it off
My wife uses M21 and it's working perfectly

I tried it now and it worked. It is normal display screen now. Thanks

How do you take a scrolling screenshot in it?

Redmi Note 10 & maybe Samsung M21/F41 would be the top choices. They have 2 SIM + 1 SD card slot, so in a way can live with 64GB storage if you use an SD card for cam pics & videos. If you use multiple apps at a time, better get 6GB RAM.

I bought Redmi Note 10 6GB/128GB for 14k for my aunt, got it yesterday. Surely have to watch some guide & spend time disabling ads & recommendations from Mi apps. Overall satisfied with it except for the fact that the OLED display has some colour shift at bit extreme angles.

The colour shift makes kind of rainbow like colour on display & is most observable when the display is showing majorly white content, like white webpage. Say when the phone is lying on table & you are sitting on the table, that angle is extreme enough for it show although I doubt you will browse webpage like that. For black-er content on screen, its not noticeable at all. Most OLEDs have such stuff as even my S8 has a yellow tint at extreme angle but yellow on white page doesn't look that bad. Moreover it needs more extreme angle for my S8. My guess is cheap quality of OLED is to be blamed on RN10 but otherwise brightness & all are good.

If your usage is basic, get Samsung M21, it's just 12.5k now at amazon vs 14k normal price. For 6GB RAM, get F41, it gives you a better camera as well for 15k. F41 is M31 without 1 useless camera sensor (macro, I think). Samsung pushes some nagware via notifications & those have to be disabled during first setup, so watch some guide beforehand & be ready when you boot it up for the first time.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
I bought Redmi Note 10 6GB/128GB for 14k for my aunt, got it yesterday. Surely have to watch some guide & spend time disabling ads & recommendations from Mi apps. Overall satisfied with it except for the fact that the OLED display has some colour shift at bit extreme angles.

The colour shift makes kind of rainbow like colour on display & is most observable when the display is showing majorly white content, like white webpage. Say when the phone is lying on table & you are sitting on the table, that angle is extreme enough for it show although I doubt you will browse webpage like that. For black-er content on screen, its not noticeable at all.
I heard there is a display flickering issue, When the MIUI gets updated it will work fine.

Is this true?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Redmi Note 10 & maybe Samsung M21/F41 would be the top choices. They have 2 SIM + 1 SD card slot, so in a way can live with 64GB storage if you use an SD card for cam pics & videos. If you use multiple apps at a time, better get 6GB RAM.
How much free space do you get in note 10 - 128 GB?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It

The colour shift makes kind of rainbow like colour on display & is most observable when the display is showing majorly white content, like white webpage. Say when the phone is lying on table & you are sitting on the table, that angle is extreme enough for it show although I doubt you will browse webpage like that. For black-er content on screen, its not noticeable at all.
Did you remove the ads, pre installed softwares like mi pay, mi browser, etc and how is the display now?

And did you buy it online or the mi store?

Last edited:
OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It

Not sure if Motorola is chinese.

How is moto g60?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Not sure if Motorola is chinese.

How is moto g60?

currently Motorola mobile is owned by Lenovo, a chinese company.

imho, as per specifications, Moto G60 is good. if you don't want 108MP camera, you can go for G40 Fusion as all specs are same except camera and 16MP front camera (32 mp in G60).

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
currently Motorola mobile is owned by Lenovo, a chinese company.

imho, as per specifications, Moto G60 is good. if you don't want 108MP camera, you can go for G40 Fusion as all specs are same except camera and 16MP front camera (32 mp in G60).
Which is best phone in redmi 10 note pro and g40 fusion? Each have similar specs, only difference in price

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Which is best phone in redmi 10 note pro and g40 fusion? Each have similar specs, only difference in price
It's Motorola G40 for me as I am fed up with the buggy heavy miui. Clean software works very fast plus it comes with business grade security and nfc.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Please don't go with either Xiaomi Redmi, Poco, Motorola, Realme etc
Because I bought Motorola One Power while my wife bought Redmi 7 Pro and both displays got broken while my Motorola display was replaced by its service centre by taking 5.4k and again it got broken the 2nd time.
And my wifeys Redmi is even more broken into a number of pieces and I bought her Samsung Galaxy M31 while I bought Samsung Galaxy M31s both has the same chipset which is Exynos 9611 but their displays are only Gorilla Glass 3 and while our both phones fell several times since we bought and never even got a scratch on them.

All the Chinese companies advertise saying that their respective phones have Gorilla Glass 5 or 6 but they don't even withstand a slight fall from even 4 feet height let alone from on a table or while speaking on the phone.

Such is their advertising and think about their bloatware and how they can or able to offer so much specifications for so less prices.

Again I bought Nokia 6.1 and 8.1 which are both based on Android One programme just like pixel phones and are advertised as Gorilla Glass 4 and never ever broke but their batteries got bulged due to which I had to give them for replacement and that too after an year so again good products from Nokia since their R&D and company is owned by Finnish while there are made in China while I think now newer models are made in TN Nokia factory itself like Samsung & Apple where all 3 companies phones are made in India and not Chinese companies and Chinese made phones.

PS: so don't fall for those real juicy specs and regret later on.

I think Samsung released newer 5G phones whiles older phones have good discounts.
Mind you boys these above phones have rock solid displays but I never used Apple phones but heard about their reputation but it's very costly I think right So will not recommend them or it.

And regarding Nokia it did not release any newer phones with good specs lately so won't recommend it as well unless you are fond of Android One programme.

Thats it.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
seems i am lucky. my G5S plus dropped thrice from table but is intact. no scratches at all. there is a local hard screen protector on it though.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
seems i am lucky. my G5S plus dropped thrice from table but is intact. no scratches at all. there is a local hard screen protector on it though.
Even for G5S I installed Custom ROM by name Pixel Experience ROM which made it unstable where I again installed the stock ROM and exchanged it for another phone via OLX locally. I think I got lucky here.

Top Bottom