Hello Guys,
I want to know know which is the best smartphone for Rs.10,000.I am considering Lumia 520,but I don't know much about Windows phones,about there pros and cons...and many of my friends are recommending android. So should I go for Windows? If not then please suggest a good phone at this range..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
L520 (windows phone) has a very unique and snappy UI, very little lag and Nokia's awesome warranty service.. But the advantages end there as there are considerably LESS no. of apps in Windows Phone and even then you will have to BUY them (NO Piracy in windows) via a credit card..
Consider this before buying a windows phone because i know people who never considered all this and bought a windows phone and regretted it..
Android has much more versatility and customisations, but the UI may lag from time to time.. Tonnes more apps and ability to install apps via apks ..
Your current options :
Lumia 520
Huawei Y300
Lava Xolo Q800

extend ur budget by 2k and you may buy
Galaxy S Advance (check locally)
Id suggest you wait for Xperia M which is gonna be launched in 2 weeks.. its gonna be priced at this price range ..
there's also galaxy ace 3 coming up in this price, a lot more choices also coming up in 2 weeks

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I just spotted this thread as I am also looking Sub 10K branded phone to gift , was initially 5-6K but nothing good branded in that range. (considered Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia, LG as branded) .. 520 looks best in this and I know windows 8 phone is fun and now apps are considerably many out there. I had windows phone and I am looking to buy one in future too (still using S2 for time being).

However, a local vendor just warned me that there will be price increase due to rupee-dollar issue with the new lot they recieves.

L520 (windows phone) has a very unique and snappy UI, very little lag and Nokia's awesome warranty service.. But the advantages end there as there are considerably LESS no. of apps in Windows Phone and even then you will have to BUY them (NO Piracy in windows) via a credit card..
Consider this before buying a windows phone because i know people who never considered all this and bought a windows phone and regretted it..
Android has much more versatility and customisations, but the UI may lag from time to time.. Tonnes more apps and ability to install apps via apks ..
Your current options :
Lumia 520
Huawei Y300
Lava Xolo Q800

extend ur budget by 2k and you may buy
Galaxy S Advance (check locally)
Id suggest you wait for Xperia M which is gonna be launched in 2 weeks.. its gonna be priced at this price range ..
there's also galaxy ace 3 coming up in this price, a lot more choices also coming up in 2 weeks

But less number of Apps isn't an issue for me.What are the disadvantages of Win 8 OS in comparison to Android? And also I have heard that Win OS doesn't support background downloading,and basic apps like facebook crashes a lot.So please tell me if these allegations are true?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
But less number of Apps isn't an issue for me.What are the disadvantages of Win 8 OS in comparison to Android? And also I have heard that Win OS doesn't support background downloading,and basic apps like facebook crashes a lot.So please tell me if these allegations are true?

No. Those are not true. And it's a mania, people saying less no of Apps.

Almost all the basic apps are present in Windows which a user needs in day to day life. Yes they are still less compared to Android. But the most important, and common ones are there in WP8 too.

Also, I'd say, WP8 is much better than Android within 10k - 15k range.

Not because of the OS, but because of the hardware. No point in getting a phone with JB running on 512MB RAM, 1Ghz Processor. It'll be laggy within a month.

Whereas WP8 is much snappier within that budget.

Top Bottom