Best phone for 10k with stock android

joyceanblue

Broken In
After handing over my Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 to my wife i am left with my ancient redmi 2s and looking to buy a new phone, I need a phone without any bloatware costing around 10k. So fellas help me out here.
1. Budget? 10k
2. Display type and size? no preference
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? no preference
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Preferably something fast
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Stock Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). no preference
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? hmmm... making phone calls.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? None
10. Any other info that you want to share No

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
After handing over my Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 to my wife i am left with my ancient redmi 2s and looking to buy a new phone, I need a phone without any bloatware costing around 10k. So fellas help me out here.
1. Budget? 10k
2. Display type and size? no preference
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? no preference
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Preferably something fast
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Stock Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). no preference
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? hmmm... making phone calls.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? None
10. Any other info that you want to share No
Increase your budget and get this:
Nokia 7.1_BL (Blue, 4GB, 64GB Storage) *www.amazon.in/dp/B07L8DZP8P/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_ce7BEbQYE6E0H

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? hmmm... making phone calls.
If that is all you want then no point sticking to stock android which severely limits your options. Also it is not like old days when stock android has some significant practical benefits,in fact many people even dislike stock android nowadays because of lack of features now common in manufacturer roms.e.g.good luck trying to have call recording feature on latest stock android without paying 700-800 for a paid app(free ones/cheap ones don't work) when this is available by default on redmi/realme/samsung phones.

OP
J

joyceanblue

Broken In
If that is all you want then no point sticking to stock android which severely limits your options. Also it is not like old days when stock android has some significant practical benefits,in fact many people even dislike stock android nowadays because of lack of features now common in manufacturer roms.e.g.good luck trying to have call recording feature on latest stock android without paying 700-800 for a paid app(free ones/cheap ones don't work) when this is available by default on redmi/realme/samsung phones.
Any recommendations?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mi Redmi Note 7 Pro ( 64 GB Storage, 4 GB RAM ) Online at Best Price On Flipkart.com
Redmi Note 8 (Neptune Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)

Method to disable ads in miui:
[MIUI Device Team] Disabling advertising in security MIUI no ROOT - Redmi Note 6 Pro - Mi Community - Xiaomi

Also try below link,ignore the "msa revocation" step & follow the rest(use msa revocation step only as a last resort).
How to Disable Ads in MIUI - Tips and Tricks - Mi Community - Xiaomi

Also note that gst on mobiles will increase from 12% to 18% from 1st April so buy before 31st Mar.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you want stock android like experience for cheap, you'll have to flash a custom rom on a Redmi Note 7/7 Pro/8. There is no better option unless you are open to buying used Pixel 2 or Oneplus phones.

OP
J

joyceanblue

Broken In
Thanks guys for help.
Would I be right in saying that if you want a better camera Note 8 is a better option and if you want a faster processor 7 pro wins?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys for help.
Would I be right in saying that if you want a better camera Note 8 is a better option and if you want a faster processor 7 pro wins?
No, note 7 pro has a better camera as well as processor. Note 8 is mainly for those who couldn't buy note 7s earlier or when note 7 pro was not as cheap as it is now.

My recommendations will be RN7P or RN8 as well, unless you can add 3-5k extra for something like Realme 6 or Redmi Note 9 Pro.

Advantages of RN8 over RN7P: dedicated SD card slot (vs hybrid in 7 Pro) & presence of an ultrawide camera (even macro).

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Android one has advantages beyond the stock android. Only select hardware is used in android one, which means driver software would be much much more reliable, less buggy. This will have consequences on battery life and performance. Remember the BSOD days on windows. Bad drivers was one of the big cause of it.

If your requirements are simple, android one is a no brainer. My nokia 6.1 gives me 4 days battery. My usage isn't much, but still its good.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Android one has advantages beyond the stock android. Only select hardware is used in android one, which means driver software would be much much more reliable, less buggy. This will have consequences on battery life and performance. Remember the BSOD days on windows. Bad drivers was one of the big cause of it.

If your requirements are simple, android one is a no brainer. My nokia 6.1 gives me 4 days battery. My usage isn't much, but still its good.
Android One is neither windows nor mac. Anything above 2 days for needing charging is fine & with new good phones nowadays running manufacturer rom & avg usage it is completely possible to last 2 days without charging. I would rather have a phone which gives me scrolling screen capture & call recording/call number pattern blocking function out of box than a stock android phone which lasts 4 days on battery but has none of these features.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
But its still a computer with all the considerations of any modern OS.
How many people are interested in the features you mentioned ? Most people would rather have the battery life and stability. At least the OP doesn't seem to care about those features, or if does that's for him to decide ;)

OP check this: Motorola One Action ( 128 GB Storage, 4 GB RAM ) Online at Best Price On Flipkart.com

But its still a computer with all the considerations of any modern OS.
How many people are interested in the features you mentioned ? Most people would rather have the battery life and stability. At least the OP doesn't seem to care about those features, or if does that's for him to decide ;)

OP check this: Motorola One Action ( 128 GB Storage, 4 GB RAM ) Online at Best Price On Flipkart.com
After using Nexus 4 for 2 years & using custom ROMs for the features I want, I decided stock android is not worth it. Right now custom UIs aren't as laggy as it used to be. Factory-installed OS is usually pretty stable, there are buggy software updates to even Pixels, so stock android doesn't have an advantage in terms of stability. There are some Xiaomi & Samsung budget phones getting android 10 for weeks now, but some android one phones are yet to get it.

I'd say Oxygen OS & Samsung's One UI are the best UIs right now. New Realme OS seems fine as well considering increased ads in MIUI & lack of ability to disable certain system apps in it (like pre-installed Music, Video app, etc). But I'm pretty sure Realme OS is moving towards MIUI, it will just take some time.

I don't know how you are getting 4 days of battery life from Nokia 6.1, unless your screen on time is really low, like 2-3 hrs in those 3-4 days. Nokias aren't that great now, they need to cut prices or bump specs, even Samsung has better hardware than Nokia for the same price, so that is a no-brainer compared to Nokia phones.

I'd agree that Moto One Action is a good stock android phone for 10k & that most people will never miss a feature they haven't experienced. For me, I try my best to avoid stock android for myself & Google surely helps with that by releasing not so good phones these days. Pixel 3 was the last Google phone I liked. I would like a compact flagship from OP.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How many people are interested in the features you mentioned ? Most people would rather have the battery life and stability.
I know many who would sacrifice all these just to get a perfectly working call recording feature in latest Android 10 stock rom.:) In fact @TigerKing paid Rs.720 to get the call recording app which can work without issues on latest android 10 while same is available for free out of the box on redmi,samsung,realme etc.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I don't know how you are getting 4 days of battery life from Nokia 6.1,
sometimes I even touch 5 days :) . For this I disabled a few things, like 'wifi-scanning', restricted background battery of almost all apps. My GPS is off , I like my screen dim. And as you said screen time is less. I really love Nokia right now. And I think they are great for the average joe. Simple predictable UI and tested . I guess ,for those who like to tinker or game, then nokia might not be good...
there are buggy software updates to even Pixels, so stock android doesn't have an advantage in terms of stability.
yeah that's true. And that's why I am not really a fan of rolling release type OS. But still to me, if a device is made from selected hardware then its drivers and overall stability would be better.

I know many who would sacrifice all these just to get a perfectly working call recording feature in latest Android 10 stock rom.:) In fact @TigerKing paid Rs.720 to get the call recording app which can work without issues on latest android 10 while same is available for free out of the box on redmi,samsung,realme etc.
My cousin put a condition this time to get a phone which has dual apps baked in. She is using Asus Max Pro M1 & Parallel Space crashes a lot or some other issues which she doesn't hear about in her friends' Redmi, Oppo & Vivo with dual apps. So not so uncommon to think that people actually care about some of these software features.

*i.imgur.com/udFdryu.png
That stand by time is surely good. My mother extracts 2-3 days from Redmi Note 8 Pro & her screen usage is more than yours. Not all phones have a great stand by time but nowadays most people use their phones a lot, you are kind of towards the rare side, especially if we look at the younger generation, like these under 30.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That stand by time is surely good. My mother extracts 2-3 days from Redmi Note 8 Pro & her screen usage is more than yours. Not all phones have a great stand by time but nowadays most people use their phones a lot, you are kind of towards the rare side, especially if we look at the younger generation, like these under 30.
My latest battery stats on k20:
3d 0h 02min 47sec since last full charge,current battery level 16%
battery usage remaining 6h 42min
SOT 5h 39min
Total Call Time 1h 50min 46sec

My latest battery stats on k20:
3d 0h 02min 47sec since last full charge,current battery level 16%
battery usage remaining 6h 42min
SOT 5h 39min
Total Call Time 1h 50min 46sec
That is good. I easily hit 3hrs SOT in a day & with degraded battery, my S8 can barely last from morning to evening. Need to change the battery.

Top Bottom