Best online portal to buy refurbished thinkpad

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
I need a refurbished Lenovo Thinkpad to install Linux (Manjaro) and do some programming. It doesn't need to be a high configuration one. I need a sturdy one and with some good peripherals. (PS: This is my secondary laptop. I have a macbook for my main usage.)

I like Thinkpad series than dells and Hp ones. So please let me know if they are any certified sites that sell refurbished thinkpads.
I thought of going the OLX and quickr way but it seems to be a bit risky in the COVID scenario.

Thank you in advance for your inputs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your best options are unfortunately olx/quikr etc. You can try recertified devices on amazon but their reviews are not good on an average.

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Your best options are unfortunately olx/quikr etc. You can try recertified devices on amazon but their reviews are not good on an average.
@WhiteStar came across some site called Refurbix and Zoneofdeals. Do you think they are scam?
OLX and Quickr don't have a shipping option and it is not trustworthy to ask seller to ship for me. I've got some time in this lockdown for improving my programming and on Linux but I just can't get to purchase a device.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea about these sites, better try techenclave forum classified section. I still suggest olx though to see if there is some nearby seller. It is not that difficult to arrange a face-to-face meeting while adhering to social distancing norms. For buying used mobiles/laptops that is the most recommended way(aka testing it personally).

Top Bottom