Best Laptop under 40k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What if this is available in the offline market -

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-M509DA-EJ571TS-...ryzen+3500u&qid=1595572586&s=computers&sr=1-7

or should I still go for the suggested above -

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-VivoBook-M409DA-EK146T-Integrated-Transparent/dp/B082PB9GDN
If 15" model is available in offline market & you prefer the bigger size screen then go for it but make sure to get extra 4gb ram installed too because I don't think 4gb ram will be enough for smoothly running anything other than typical browsing with few open tabs in this model.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
If 15" model is available in offline market & you prefer the bigger size screen then go for it but make sure to get extra 4gb ram installed too because I don't think 4gb ram will be enough for smoothly running anything other than typical browsing with few open tabs in this model.
In the offline market, the rate is 43k. They would be giving free things like mouse, laptop bag, keyboard protection etc. Is it worth?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
In the offline market, the rate is 43k. They would be giving free things like mouse, laptop bag, keyboard protection etc. Is it worth?
Offline guy is ripping you off. Those are not free technically. Buy online and then add another 4GB ram stick (or get the 256 GB variant I linked earlier).

What is keyboard protection btw?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not exactly worth it especially if you can use discount/offer/reward points on credit card for online purchase. e.g. If you use sbi simplyclick card with sbi yono app(need sbi savings acc) then you can get a total of 2.5%(simplyclick credit card reward points for amazon shopping)+5% sbi yono amazon cashback to get effectively 7.5% cashback on any shopping purchase on amazon.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Not exactly worth it especially if you can use discount/offer/reward points on credit card for online purchase. e.g. If you use sbi simplyclick card with sbi yono app(need sbi savings acc) then you can get a total of 2.5%(simplyclick credit card reward points for amazon shopping)+5% sbi yono amazon cashback to get effectively 7.5% cashback on any shopping purchase on amazon.
Brother pls chk some more seller added for the laptop that we were discussing. Anyone worth out of them?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brother pls chk some more seller added for the laptop that we were discussing. Anyone worth out of them?
1595689015793.png

Never buy expensive items like laptops from a seller which is not amazon fulfilled on amazon.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
If i upgrade my budget - how is this for a piece -

*www.flipkart.com/asus-vivobook-15-...=sp&ppn=sp&ssid=kvl8ucqk2v971yio1595737027584

Or any other better option in similar budget?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If i upgrade my budget - how is this for a piece -

*www.flipkart.com/asus-vivobook-15-...=sp&ppn=sp&ssid=kvl8ucqk2v971yio1595737027584

Or any other better option in similar budget?
You willingly ignored the ssd only variant at 35k and want to pay 13k more just for backlit keyboard and 1 TB extra storage?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@bad_till_bones you are very confused about what laptop you want & that is why unable to make up your mind. First decide your budget because that is the most important thing right now, second you need to decide when exactly you want laptop because no point in spending extra on a laptop if better models become available at possibly cheaper prices in coming sale around 15th Aug(amazon prime day sale & may be some independence day sale on flipkart).

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
I think it's better I wait till 15th August.

Sorry for the confusion guys! The actual requirement is daily basic usage (like browsing and watching movies/youtube etc) A bit of word n excel. And last to last using some basic software to merge, cut videos etc. Nothing else

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's better I wait till 15th August.

Sorry for the confusion guys! The actual requirement is daily basic usage (like browsing and watching movies/youtube etc) A bit of word n excel. And last to last using some basic software to merge, cut videos etc. Nothing else
If watching movies/youtube is going to be a significant usage then you should note that asus laptop screens are just about avg(& some people say even a bit below avg) so you will have to look at it straight in middle from the front at same height/eye level. However in 30-45k budget acer & asus usually provide the best config. If it is possible for you then I would suggest getting a good 22" monitor like LG 22MP88 for ~8-9k & use that as screen to watch videos/youtube.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
If watching movies/youtube is going to be a significant usage then you should note that asus laptop screens are just about avg(& some people say even a bit below avg) so you will have to look at it straight in middle from the front at same height/eye level. However in 30-45k budget acer & asus usually provide the best config. If it is possible for you then I would suggest getting a good 22" monitor like LG 22MP88 for ~8-9k & use that as screen to watch videos/youtube.
Mate, I will contact you when the sale is ON. And then you pls suggest a good lappy accordingly. Thoda tab pareshaan kar lunga.

Na. dont need a monitor.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mate, I will contact you when the sale is ON. And then you pls suggest a good lappy accordingly. Thoda tab pareshaan kar lunga.

Na. dont need a monitor.
No problem :) Just in case arrange these if possible: hdfc credit card, an amazon prime acc(you can buy it yourself too at 129/month for next 30 days), sbi simplyclick card, sbi savings acc with sbi yono app, flipkart axis card. Limits on cards should be around 50k(preferably 60k or higher).

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
- I am a Prime Member
- Have HDFC and ICICI cards with good limits
- Have a source to arrange the SBI card aswell

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have sbi savings acc then install sbi YONO app(not yono lite). It gives 5% cashback on amazon purchases excl certain mobile phones,bill payments,recharges etc. You can combine it with sbi simplyclick card to get effectively 7.5% unlimited cashback on amazon laptop purchase in case this total discount is coming higher than hdfc card discount.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No ryzen but check reviews:
*www.amazon.in/ASUS-ZenBook-UX430UA...1&keywords=Asus+zenbook&qid=1596694850&sr=8-1

stylish design with backlit keyboard but most likely no ips screen.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CL12HD5/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Asus+vivobook+ultra&qid=1596694913&sr=8-4

*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CKZ8DHB/ref=sr...ds=Asus+vivobook+ultra&qid=1596694913&sr=8-11

In your budget but no backlit keyboard & 10th gen i3.
*store.acer.com/en-in/laptops/acer-aspire-5-a514-53-nx.hz6si.001

Top Bottom