• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

best Laptop for multipurpose for students

samcema

Broken In
Hi guys,

So since my 2010 rmbp is dead right now I want to buy a new laptop. After extensive search I slimmed down my choices to two laptops- Apple 13 inch retina macbook pro (i5, 8GB, 512Gb ssd, Intel HD) and MSI GS60 Ghost pro 4k. I also want to buy an external monitor ( presumable 27"+) and want to do my work on that monitor when I am at home. So please tell me which one is best suitable for both productivity as well as gaming. Although apple has lower spec but it has better battery. Whereas msi has much power. I am also considering to import the 1080p model of GS60 ghost pro (6GB DDR5 GTX 970M). Since 13 inch rmp cant run 4k monitor @60Hz will the msi models be able to run it @60Hz via display port? And the display refresh rate of MSI ghost pro 4k is capped @ 48Hz. so in game they will lag. Can you guys help? what will the best combination of both. Since windows 10 looks interesting I am also considering to switch back to windows. Whats your opinion?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill the questionnaire

http://www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/156722-questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html

Since you are open to importing laptops, better get any of these

Custom Laptops, Gaming Notebooks, Custom Gaming Laptops | XOTIC PC
Out of them,

XOTIC PC | Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook

with 4k screen options:

XOTIC PC | Sager NP8651 (Clevo P650SE) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook
XOTIC PC | Sager NP8652 (Clevo P650SG) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook

Better VFM than any other gaming laptop you can find.

Macbook has crap specifications for the price and almost no way to upgrade the hardware yourself.

Top Bottom