Best laptop for MSFS 2020

AngelG888

Right off the assembly line
Namaste,
I am looking for the best laptop for use for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020. I saw the YouTube video on the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo SE 15 Gaming Laptop (
).
Is the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo SE 15 Gaming Laptop recommended (in spite of its heating issue)? Any chances of a better laptop that does not get so hot while retaining the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo SE 15 Gaming Laptop specifications?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-laptop-notebook-purchase.156722/

What settings and resolution you want to play it at? FYI, it is better to wait out for international flights to resume, visit UAE/Malaysia/Singapore and get a powerful laptop from there instead of wasting money on taxes here.

OP
A

AngelG888

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Up to $3,800 USD

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020
CAD design architecture
Drawing CAD

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Screen speed should be for MSFS 2020
RTX 3080
32 GB RAM / 8 GB VRAM
1 TB HDD

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? N/A
a. Like:
b. Dislike:

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution:1080p (Full HD)
Battery back up: normal (3-4hrs)
Purchase place ( Online (eg - Amazon

If you are buying in the US, maybe look at Legion 7 with QHD 165Hz display + R9 5900HX + RTX 3080 16GB 150W + 32GB RAM + 1TB SSD:
Legion 7 Gen 6 16” QHD Gaming Laptop | Lenovo US
Customize it to get the above specs for $3000 + tax.

It hits 30fps at QHD resolution & with upcoming major update to MSFS, the performance boost will be nice.

Review:

If you want the best gaming performance, maybe look for i9 11900H + 3080 laptops, make sure the lower TDP level of 3080 is 150W. That Legion 7 states 150-165W. Intel still has a small 5% advantage in gaming but not so big.

Top Bottom