Best gaming console in India

What if I get, PS4 SLIM. The major difference is the 4k quality. Right or am I missing something here.
PS4 slim = PS4 (vanilla) but just exterior size is smaller. PS4 pro is more powerful than PS4, has 4K support, 4K bluray drive as well, but only very light games will run at 4K.

I'm expecting 2021 or at best 2022 might be the last year to get some PS4 games. PS4 pro might be supported for a few more years if Sony decides to. PS4 Pro has similar GPU performance as Xbox Series S, but Series S has much better CPU, RAM & storage.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
So what do you guys finally suggest.....

PS4 PRO or PS5?

Obviously, I would like to hold this for coming years. Cheers.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What if box packed? Any ideas of custom duty?

And what would be the price difference for the Indian unit.
The difference will be calculated on currency conversion rate.
If the Box is packed the customs will think you are selling it in India. Open box will convey its your personal item for use

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
So, have spoken with Sony CC and read many articles. PS4 Slim and Pro would be easily supported till 2023.

Have changed my mind and will go for PS4 Slim 1tb. Will think of PS5 post 2023.

Kindly suggest the best deal I can get for the same in Delhi-NCR.

Cheers.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
^^Not a good deal going with PS4 now and going for PS5 later. Save some more money and get PS5.
As per Sony CC and articles on the web, PS4 SLIM would be easily supported till 2023.

May be down the line we will get a PS5 SLIM by then. Purchasing PS5 SLIM say after three years would not be a bad idea. What say?

Eventually I would be spending 30k right now and enjoying the best game library say till 2023.

Post that may be I get lucky enough to get PS5 SLIM post 2023 at a decent rate....

As per Sony CC and articles on the web, PS4 SLIM would be easily supported till 2023.

May be down the line we will get a PS5 SLIM by then. Purchasing PS5 SLIM say after three years would not be a bad idea. What say?

Eventually I would be spending 30k right now and enjoying the best game library say till 2023.

Post that may be I get lucky enough to get PS5 SLIM post 2023 at a decent rate....
I'd say PS4/XB1 is worth at max 20k for new units. Xbox Series S exists at 35k. Series S is relatively easy to get if you follow its sales, compared to Series X or PS5.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I think even FIFA plays like 30fps on PS4 Slim. I have played on it on Gaming cafes and if you know how smooth a 60fps game is, you will not like any 30fps games. Though one can get used to it.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Ps4 slim will lack high graphics quality in the games coming after 2021. Also it is old and it would be better to spend 35k now than to spend 25k + 30k later.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Ok. So let us do this way....

Question 1 - PS4 SLIM or XBOX Series S?

Question 2 - PS5 or XBOX Series X (In this please do let me know, do we have a decent library for XBOX variant as well and hope I won't be left stranded for good and multiplayer games?

Last but not the least, is it wise to wait n get PS5 or XBOX Series X instead of going for PS4 SLIM or XBOX Series S?

Ok. So let us do this way....

Question 1 - PS4 SLIM or XBOX Series S?

Question 2 - PS5 or XBOX Series X (In this please do let me know, do we have a decent library for XBOX variant as well and hope I won't be left stranded for good and multiplayer games?

Last but not the least, is it wise to wait n get PS5 or XBOX Series X instead of going for PS4 SLIM or XBOX Series S?
PS4 = PS4 slim ~ XB1 << PS4 pro ~ XB 1X < XB Series S << PS5 ~ XB SX

PS has some good 1st party exclusives. Xbox doesn't have that good first party exclusive yet, but Bethesda is a part of MS now & their new games like Starfield & Elder's Scroll VI will be Xbox exclusive. Also, people have stacked 3 years of XGP ultimate for 8k or so. XGP ultimate has their XGP subscription with a lot of games + EA play basic + xbox gold subscription (required for online play, PS need PS plus). Check the games you like, then decide.

khalil1210

In the zone
List down the games which you are interested to play, and choose your console.

Let say you want to play God of War / Rachet and Clank ( These are PS exclusives ) They are not available on pc or Xbox.

Sony has been releasing games as timed exclusives. ( Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Detroit; Become Human ) were initially released as sony execlusives. After 2 years they released it for pc also.

Lets say you want to play Gears Series / Halo ( These are Microsoft exclusives ) You can play these on Xbox or pc but not ps4 / ps5

or if you only intend to play online games with friend ( like Overwatch, apex legends ) You should buy console which is popular among your friends.

PS4 = PS4 slim ~ XB1 << PS4 pro ~ XB 1X < XB Series S << PS5 ~ XB SX

PS has some good 1st party exclusives. Xbox doesn't have that good first party exclusive yet, but Bethesda is a part of MS now & their new games like Starfield & Elder's Scroll VI will be Xbox exclusive. Also, people have stacked 3 years of XGP ultimate for 8k or so. XGP ultimate has their XGP subscription with a lot of games + EA play basic + xbox gold subscription (required for online play, PS need PS plus). Check the games you like, then decide.
Just to add to this, I think Xbox recently made Free to Play online MP games free, as in earlier you needed the PS+ or xbox gold subscription to play in either console. Now you don't need gold to play free games like CoD Warzone or warframe or apex, etc.
Microsoft announces some free-to-play games, including Fortnite and Warzone, now playable without Xbox Live Gold

Maybe Sony will follow suit for all F2P MP games soon, who knows.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Exclusive titles of PS are way better and popular than XBOX.

XBOX has few legendary titles such as Halo or Forza. PS has many if you count.

Top Bottom