Best gaming console in India

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Hi,

Title says it all. Which is the best Gaming console in India?

And one more question -

Which would be the best console around 40k?

Cheers.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
How do you want to play games on your console.
1. Are you a person who want to play lots of games in short period of time, grind and finish games as soon as possible after they are released?
2. Or, are you a person who like spend time with the games and take, say few months, to finish games, finish 100% main story, do all the side quests then play again with different character to unlock few skins/locked part of the games?

1-> Get Xbox with gamepass gold.
2-> Playstation

This is based on my understanding that games in Xbox gamepass stay in catalogue only for limited time and one have to pay full amount to play again if they are not in catalogue anymore. The catalogue keeps getting updated with new games. Am I correct here?

Both are good with their own pros and cons. My opinion is, its better to have both the consoles.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Guys, my budget is around 40k.

Not that game freak, but yes can easily play games for couple of hours daily.

Please suggest which Gaming console i should go for?

If you can state the reason of why you are suggesting a particular console, that would be great.

Cheers.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Both are good with their own pros and cons. My opinion is, its better to have both the consoles.
Only for Rich gamers :)

@OP: Go with PS 5 and you won't be disappointed.
Better to import it from US/Dubai with friend's help will be much cheaper.

PS5 Digital edition is priced at 40k, but was never released. Xbox Series S is fine for casual gamers who don't have multiple games installed at a time.

If you play games for multiple hours, especially different games, then IMO avoid Series S because of low storage. It has 300GB or so usable storage, not much by today's standard for storing multiple games. Its 1TB SSD expansion card costs like 20k+. So IMO try to get PS5 or Xbox Series X for 50k, whichever you can get your hands on.

Advantages of Xbox:
  • No need of Xbox gold to play free games online
  • Game Pass is the best subscription service & people have stacked like 3 years of XGP ultimate for 8-9k
  • Bit more powerful & has like 150GB more space available for games
  • Cross play for few games with PC

Advantages of PS5:
  • Good selection of exclusive games
  • Higher player base in MP games in general as console players are split like 3:1 for PS:Xbox.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
This may look dumb, but say I purchase PS5, then what would be the next expenses etc?

I would be new to console Gaming. Post purchasing the console, what would be the next move, any subscription? And how to get/download games?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
PS Now subscription if you want free games occassionally and access to multiplayer.
Buy original games at excruciatingly high prices (yes there are sales, but not as much as PC gaming).

Im a PC gamer but if i had to choose one of them, Xbox gamepass makes the most sense if you want a VFM console.

Zangetsu

This may look dumb, but say I purchase PS5, then what would be the next expenses etc?

I would be new to console Gaming. Post purchasing the console, what would be the next move, any subscription? And how to get/download games?
If you are asking about downloading from illegal sources. Then don't do it.

Buy the digital edition if you don't want the physical copy of the game. But with Disc edition you can sell the games you don't want.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
If you are asking about downloading from illegal sources. Then don't do it.

Buy the digital edition if you don't want the physical copy of the game. But with Disc edition you can sell the games you don't want.
Other than the disc part and other difference between the ps5 and ps5 DE?

And where I can get the PS5 DE?

• Cost of game
  • Cost of subscription for playing MP games online, PS plus - 3k per year

Zangetsu

I would suggest get the Disc Edition and buying the subscription for MP is optional.
You can rent the PS5 discs at much cheaper price and return it once you finished playing.

quicky008

Technomancer
prices of consoles and console games have always traditionally been on the higher side in the Indian market (unlike in us/uk where there is an over-abundant supply of new and used consoles as well as games at rock-bottom prices)-thats the reason it never really took off in this country.

If you are pressed for money you can get an used ps4 + some games for around 15-20k from resellers on olx/fb marketplace etc and use it for a while.The ps4 still has a fairly good library of available games.Once the ps5 becomes more mainstream you can get rid of it and get the latest stuff instead.

Top Bottom