Best Camera focused but All Rounder Android Phone in less than 40k

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I need to replace my 6.5 yrs old LG G6. Since as per my workplace I require to have office apps on my phone (and not because I want to replace my LG flagship (I still like it)).
Anyway, so I am overwhelmed by the sheer number of smartphones in every budget segment. So I needed to make myself a priority list.

My main need is:
  • Android version > 12 (since office apps are only compatible to 12 and higher)
  • 6 GB RAM/128 GB ROM

And my want is (in descending order):
  • Good Camera phone (especially with Videos)
  • Great Battery backup
  • Less than atleast 40k (this limit is arbitrary, I am happy to spend less, and can extend budget a 'bit' if it's really worth it)
  • Atleast IP rating of 64
  • 256 GB ROM
  • Smaller the form factor the better
I would prefer non chinese phone, but I have realized that, this criteria would significantly reduce options. So I am open as of now, but I would still give more points to Samsung. (Cause it's the only non Chinese now?) And I would like to buy this sale (starting in 2 days I think).
Please Help!

Last edited:
Wait for deal on S23 when sale begins. Else OP 12R is a solid choice. Both will get updates till Android 17. Although OP 12R is not compact by any standards.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well S23 is showing as 65K that too for 128 GB variant. 70k for 256 GB.
I am thinking in line of S21 FE or S22.

S22 since it's more compact small form factor than others.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes, but S22 is showing Out of stock. I hope it gets in stock before sale starts. :D
Cause I think S22 would be a good buy. As I really want a smaller form factor, and I liked the look of the phone too.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok I just compared the sizes of S21 vs S22 vs my current LG G6, and I am surprised.
The S22 is actually smaller than my LG G6. And S21 FE is just slightly bigger than G6. All in all, now size is no longer a factor. I just want a good phone under my budget.

Ok I just compared the sizes of S21 vs S22 vs my current LG G6, and I am surprised.
The S22 is actually smaller than my LG G6. And S21 FE is just slightly bigger than G6. All in all, now size is no longer a factor. I just want a good phone under my budget.
S21, S22 & S21FE - all of them are not worth buying. Just get S23 at 45k IMO.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
S23 maybe worth more than S21 SE and S22. But it's at a cost.
My usage doesn't warrant that level of worth. I also want to save some money. What is one feature that makes it so worthy anyway?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
And Btw, S23 isn't just 10% extra. Here's the pre sale prices (of 256 GB variant):

Samsung Galaxy S21 FE: 29,999
Samsung Galaxy S22: 39,999
Samsung Galaxy S23 FE: 59,999

I don't think after sale and card discount, it can come close to 45K. By considering S22, I am already paying like 10k extra. So S23 is really out of budget.

And Btw, S23 isn't just 10% extra. Here's the pre sale prices (of 256 GB variant):

Samsung Galaxy S21 FE: 29,999
Samsung Galaxy S22: 39,999
Samsung Galaxy S23 FE: 59,999

I don't think after sale and card discount, it can come close to 45K. By considering S22, I am already paying like 10k extra. So S23 is really out of budget.
Problem with all 3 of them are heating & low battery life, esp on mobile data. The above 3 phone have SoCs made at Samsung foundries, hence it has poor efficiency.

So S23 is better as the SoC is efficient, great choice for a compact phone. So congrats. Now to handle the antics of FK, make a video when you go to collect the phone, even if it is open box delivery. It is FK, so better safe than sorry.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I haven't bought a phone from FK since a long time.
Do the delivery guy opens the box or let me open it?

Also while ordering it said only to share OTP once you are sure that it contains the phone.

Also while ordering it said only to share OTP once you are sure that it contains the phone.
Open box delivery now - delivery guy opens it in front of you, then you check the phone & if everything is fine, then share the OTP

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

they do open it, even did for my phone when I got one from them. For obvious compliance reasons incase there is a VIM bar inside instead of a mobile phone

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So the delivery boy denied to do open delivery. Refused to open box until I give him the OTP.
Second red flag was that the shipping box was slightly torn at the bottom.
Third was his body language and tone of speaking, saying something like he lives nearby and people trust him.

So I cancelled the order.

Now I wanted to buy 256 gb variant. Previously I ordered 128 gb.
But as luck has it, its OOS.

Checked out samsung website. It's available there and with HDFC cc discount. But will go to an offline store in the morning. Hoping to get same price in store too.

So the delivery boy denied to do open delivery. Refused to open box until I give him the OTP.
Second red flag was that the shipping box was slightly torn at the bottom.
Third was his body language and tone of speaking, saying something like he lives nearby and people trust him.

So I cancelled the order.

Now I wanted to buy 256 gb variant. Previously I ordered 128 gb.
But as luck has it, its OOS.

Checked out samsung website. It's available there and with HDFC cc discount. But will go to an offline store in the morning. Hoping to get same price in store too.
Wait, was the order even open box delivery? Usually you get info before delivery, a message saying that it is open box delivery. FK support is bad for sure.

1714700156384.png

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes it was indeed open box delivery. I got messages before payment screen.

Top Bottom