Best Budget 55" 4K HDR TV for Playstation Gaming

Dr. House

No Regrets
Hello! Next month I am looking to purchase a new 55" inch 4K Smart TV with HDR and dolby vision support. Currently I am having PS4 and will purchase PS5 as soon as it will launch in India probably in Nov-Dec 2020.
TV should be good in fast motion response time, contrast and black level should be great. Sound quality doesn't matter to me as I have sony 5.1 dolby home theatre already to connect via HDMI ARC.
There are so many budget TVs in market like VU, TCL, Hisense, Toshiba etc. that offers great value for money.
Budget is under 50k INR for now. Please suggest me best budget TV for this price range. :)

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
TOSHIBA 55U7980 seems to be promising on paper. Do check reviews online.
If you buy from offline market you will get 3 yrs warranty on Hi Sense manufactured/owned TV brands[VU, Toshiba & Hisense]
Hi Sense will be bringing out Qleds models of Toshiba as well as Hisense during festive season so keep watching.
Expect price increase for imported TVs as per new tariffs.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
TOSHIBA 55U7980 seems to be promising on paper. Do check reviews online.
If you buy from offline market you will get 3 yrs warranty on Hi Sense manufactured/owned TV brands[VU, Toshiba & Hisense]
Hi Sense will be bringing out Qleds models of Toshiba as well as Hisense during festive season so keep watching.
Expect price increase for imported TVs as per new tariffs.

Yeah! Since almost all 4k TV panels are imported. Taxes will be increased upto 35%. Everything is getting so expensive now. It's the best time to purchase. Amazon and flipkart sale is coming very soon.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Vu Ultra 4K or the latest Hi-Sense 55" TV
VU Ultra series is totally unavailable on amazon. Seems like VU stop the production. It's surprising to see VU has no QLED model in it's range but a 65" that costs a lakh. HiSense is very new, can't rely. I had VU 43" 4K already that I bought during football worldcup. Amazing brand VU.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
In my knowledge few Hisense models are Imports while Toshiba is made here in India as claimed by them so I expect negligible increase in Toshiba tv prices or even with few Hisense tvs. Hisense was quite active since 2019 in setting up their networks here to establish both the brands.

Currently due to black marketing the prices have shot up.

VU prices will shoot up but my guess is they will have to shift focus or restructure due to entry of hisense..

All VU tvs made by Hisense.
QLED may not be passed to VU in fact why would Hisense do it if they want to establish here in India. They are keeping Toshiba brand slightly above Hisense in India.

Last edited:
OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
In my knowledge few Hisense models are Imports while Toshiba is made here in India as claimed by them so I expect negligible increase in Toshiba tv prices or even with few Hisense tvs. Hisense was quite active since 2019 in setting up their networks here to establish both the brands.

Currently due to black marketing the prices have shot up.

VU prices will shoot up but my guess is they will have to shift focus or restructure due to entry of hisense..

All VU tvs made by Hisense.
QLED may not be passed to VU in fact why would Hisense do it if they want to establish here in India. They are keeping Toshiba brand slightly above Hisense in India.
But the panel inside my 43 inch 4K HDR VU TV that I bought in 2018 is of Samsung VA. It costed 32k that time.

The things is Hisense is not selling anything here that they sell in US. Toshiba TVs literally have no market in India. Both are owned by HiSense, so technically both would be same TVs.
Here HiSense is a new brand, so low on reliability and services. VU is selling since 2006 and have pretty good after sales and trust. I hope VU revive back by providing best quality in this range very soon.

Also there is new range of cheap QLED series of TCL that comes with 3 years of warranty. Anyone has idea about that?
*www.reliancedigital.in/tcl-122-8-cms-55-inch-ultra-hd-4k-android-smart-qled-tv-55c715/p/491893431

Last edited:
OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Don't buy TCL bad reviews and the unit they sell in India is cheap in quality than in US.
My friend owns 49" 1080p LED of TCL. It has good colours and contrast. He bought it for 25k 3 years ago from amazon. No problem till date. HD channels looks really amazing in that. Total value for money for him.

What do you think about OnePlus QLED Q1, in sale it costs 60k. Though it has been a year since that model launched. Any news for that model update with android 11 TV?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Oneplus is overpriced for the features they are giving.

Vu TV website says out of stock online but in stock in retail stores ?? which stores

*www.vugrp.com/product-page/vu-ultra-4k-tv

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Oneplus is overpriced for the features they are giving.

Vu TV website says out of stock online but in stock in retail stores ?? which stores

*www.vugrp.com/product-page/vu-ultra-4k-tv
How is it overpriced? Oneplus is providing amazing QLED panel and loads of features for 60k. Who else providing QLED in this range besides TCL and OnePlus?
VU retail shops, just like normal electronic shops that sell VU TV with of course higher price than online amazon and fk.

Last edited:
OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Both VU (Premium and Ultra) and HiSense 55A71F are out of stock online. Seems like they are waiting for govt to increase taxes and then they sell with some new price tag.

How is it overpriced? Oneplus is providing amazing QLED panel and loads of features for 60k. Who else providing QLED in this range besides TCL and OnePlus?
VU retail shops, just like normal electronic shops that sell VU TV with of course higher price than online amazon and fk.
OP is a Chinese company & much smaller than LG or Samsung, so people are definitely not confident giving them their money (60-70k that is ), I know I won't. Not to forget, they are relatively new to the TV market, unlike phones.

IMO their cheaper 55" 4K should have been priced close to 40k instead of 50k as Xiaomi has their offering at 35k.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Its always better to stick with the companies which has lots of experience into making that particular products & has established service networks within your locality.

After all stock clearing in festive sale period we can see new launches with higher pricing from November in my opinion.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
OP is a Chinese company & much smaller than LG or Samsung, so people are definitely not confident giving them their money (60-70k that is ), I know I won't. Not to forget, they are relatively new to the TV market, unlike phones.

IMO their cheaper 55" 4K should have been priced close to 40k instead of 50k as Xiaomi has their offering at 35k.
*www.samsung.com/in/tvs/uhd-tv-tue60a/UA55TUE60AKXXL/
How is this new model by Samsung? My cousin can sell it for cost price. I think margin in TVs if of 10%. Didn't ask yet.
Though both Hisense and Samsung models are 60Hz panel. Samsung has auto motion plus (MEMC) technology which makes normal 24-30fps videos looks smoother. What about this feature in HiSense, VU and Toshiba?

Last edited:
How is this new model by Samsung? My cousin can sell it for cost price. I think margin in TVs if of 10%. Didn't ask yet.
Though both Hisense and Samsung models are 60Hz panel. Samsung has auto motion plus (MEMC) technology which makes normal 24-30fps videos looks smoother. What about this feature in HiSense, VU and Toshiba?
I think most TVs have that feature, I found it annoying on my parent's Panasonic TV, so set its intensity to low.

Samsung is generally a safe bet but picture quality might be similar to good cheap TVs at best, like Vu or HiSense but at a higher price & without Dolby Vision certification. I won't be too surprised if Samsung is actually a bit inferior to those though. I'm sure it doesn't have as low brightness as cheap/old Mi 4K TVs.

Older cheap Samsung vs budget Vu TV.

TLDR: Vu is better

New Toshiba TVs actually have a good panel, but not so good OS & in-built hardware, so maybe Toshiba + Mi Box 4K is a good combo.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
If you like ELED panels then buy it. otherwise don't. No complaints on Tizen OS though, its highly tested Samsung OS and pretty solid.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets

Older cheap Samsung vs budget Vu TV.

TLDR: Vu is better

New Toshiba TVs actually have a good panel, but not so good OS & in-built hardware, so maybe Toshiba + Mi Box 4K is a good combo.
Yeah! I know this whole N series is worse than any VU. But that is 2019 model. This is all new range of Wondertainement by Sasmung 2020. We can't be sure the new series will be like that. Also MEMC can be turned off in Samsung if you don't like soap opera effect.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
If you like ELED panels then buy it. otherwise don't. No complaints on Tizen OS though, its highly tested Samsung OS and pretty solid.
Are you sure it's not DLED and edge LED? Tizen is amazing for sure. There is no point of having android in a TV if all major OTT apps available in Tizen or WebOS. Android TVs are laggy and slower than these. Also bootup time is way long in android.

Some brands like Sony and Toshiba sells TV with full array LED. Does that mean DLED backlighting?

*toshibatv-in.com/toshiba-4k-ultimate-tv-55u7980/

How is this 55" Toshiba model for 48.5k?

Last edited:
Top Bottom