Best AMD Processor & MoBo Combination for my new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramstrong

Broken In
Hi,

Kindly assist in assembling my new AMD Processor PC.

Based on the reviews in various Mags/forums etc. I wish to buy ASUS A8R 32 MVP Deluxe MoBo & AMD 64 X2 +4800 Processor. Are they compatible with each other? Can I use DDR 2 RAM (either 667MHz or 800MHz)? What will be the indicative prices of the processor & MoBo?

Is there any other AMD Processor & MoBo combination which is better than what is mentioned above? I would prefer to use DDR 2 RAM. Price is not a constraint. I wish to buy the best as well as the latest. FYI, I live in Bangalore!

I wish to use this PC for Pure High end Gaming, watching movies & TV programmes etc.

Already, I bought an SMPS (Zebronics 730 Watts) & Nvidia GeForce 2 ATX Cabinet for 9K yesterday.

Based on the digit review, I want to buy All In Wonder ATI X1800XL Graphic card (Price Rs. 14500/=), since it will double up as aTV Tuner Card also. But the card is not available in the market. The address of ATI Vendor is not given in the Digit. Where shall I get this card?

I already have 2 Intel Rigs, since this is the 1st time I am going for AMD PC I need some assistance.

Ramstrong.

Ch@0s

In the zone
Better get core 2 duo instead of spending so much on AMD. Whats ur budget btw? If you want, I'm from bangalore and selling 2GB 667 ram. It was the last two pieces of 667 available in the city that I bought after running arnd last week for building my rig. You'll not get 667 right now anywhere in bangalore.

OP
R

Ramstrong

Broken In
Hi,

No Budget. I want to buy the best as well as the latest AMD PC. Since i don't have an AMD PC I want to experience the performance of the AMD PC.

I will go for an Intel Core 2 Duo may be after 6 months, after the prices stabilize & when more varieties of MoBos get launched in the market.

Ramstrong.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
If you want a PC for high end gaming get a Core 2 Duo not Athlon64.
I suggest you buy a seperate graphics card and TV tuner card.

E6400 Rs. 12,200
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Rs. 14,000
2 GB DDR667 MHz RAM Rs. 10,000
Seagate 250GB SATA2 HDD Rs. 4,000
XFX Geforce 7900GT Rs. 18,000
TV Tuner of your choice Rs. 2,500

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^P5W DH Deluxe has way too many issues with its bios to be worthy of recommendation. Get P5B Deluxe instead.... its a much better board. You'll not get 2 GB 667 ram for 10k anywhere. I paid 12 grand or so last week :p.

@Ramstrong: Man you'd be crazy to get AMD with core 2 duo available for affordable prices. Get the X1900GT or 7900GT. The former is available at SP Road for around 16 grand. The tuner on X1800XL AIW doesn't work in India... its NTSC only. I've had the bad experience trying out an AIW X800XT which was my older card.

Edit: You won't find a socket 939 dualcore anywhere now. They just disappeared from the market.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
socket 939 dual core will be really hard to find , i couldn't find the 4200+ or 4400+ x2 anywhere, the C2D would be much better option,

go for e6600 + p5b or p5w deluxe and a 1900xt.

OP
R

Ramstrong

Broken In
Thanks Guys!

I bought my new C2D PC yesterday, (with your valuable inputs, of course!), as per the following specs:

E6600 C2D 2.4 GHz - Rs. 15800/=
Asus P5W DH Deluxe - Rs. 13500/=
Corsair Value select 667 MHz RAM 1 GB x 2 sticks - Rs. 6900/= Each
Western Digital 250 GB SATA2 Hard Disk - Rs. 3900/=
Sony DVD-RW A820 - Rs. 1900/=
ATX Cabinet - Zebronics Nvidia GeForce 2 - Rs. 2250/=
Zebronics PSU - ZEB 730Watts - Rs. 6750/=
XFX 7900 GT 256 MB - Rs. 17,500/=
Win XP Pro with SP2 - Rs. 5800/=

Taxes 4% extra on all items.

Thanks once again for your help.

Ramstrong.

Ch@0s

In the zone
Ouch... CPU and RAM were way too expensive. Two weeks back I paid 15.7 all inclusive IIRC for an E6600. You should have purchased a NeoHE 500W instead of that zebronics. It'd be 1 grand cheaper and much much better. Zebronics PSUs are OEM skyhawks... not the best PSU maker. The zebronics ratings are overly inflated. The 640W actually can deliver a max of 25A on 12V which means it can actually deliver around 400W of usable power. The 730W should be around 450-460W going by that scale.

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^I have lost count of how much I spent on it by now :D. Don't care anymore about costs. It'll probably be more than the cost of a maruti zen :p.

OP
R

Ramstrong

Broken In
the Original WIN Xp Pro OS (Sealed Pack) which I had bought is not getting activated/ registered, & the message on screen pops up saying "you have replaced your hardware & you have to reactivate windows within 3 days". Also it has failed the Genuine Windows Activation Tool Check.

While installing it for the 1st time it didn't take the Product Key saying "Product Key Invalid". On 2nd attempt the OS got installed. I spoke to my vendor about the genuineness of the OS & he vouches for the same & is ready to give me a new pack. But before that I want to ascertain what exactly is the problem. I have installed Windows OS in more than 500 PCs till date & have never faced such issue.

All components are New as mentioned above except the internal Modem (56Kbps).

What could be the possible fault? Is getting another OS Pack & installing again solve the problem?

Ramstrong.

ramstrong.

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Ramstrong said:
the Original WIN Xp Pro OS (Sealed Pack) which I had bought is not getting activated/ registered, & the message on screen pops up saying "you have replaced your hardware & you have to reactivate windows within 3 days". Also it has failed the Genuine Windows Activation Tool Check.

While installing it for the 1st time it didn't take the Product Key saying "Product Key Invalid". On 2nd attempt the OS got installed. I spoke to my vendor about the genuineness of the OS & he vouches for the same & is ready to give me a new pack. But before that I want to ascertain what exactly is the problem. I have installed Windows OS in more than 500 PCs till date & have never faced such issue.

All components are New as mentioned above except the internal Modem (56Kbps).

What could be the possible fault? Is getting another OS Pack & installing again solve the problem?

Ramstrong.

ramstrong.
Get a pirated XP and use it. What you're doing isn't wrong because you already have a valid WinXP licence.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom