Benq Projector

techzar

Right off the assembly line
Is it advisable to buy a used BenQ HT1075 Projector which has done around 1700 hours? One of my office associate is selling it and asking for around Rs.7000. Maybe it requires a lamp change in another year or so as it has almost done half of the lamp life. The picture quality is excellent even with bright light. Please advice.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Is it advisable to buy a used BenQ HT1075 Projector which has done around 1700 hours? One of my office associate is selling it and asking for around Rs.7000. Maybe it requires a lamp change in another year or so as it has almost done half of the lamp life. The picture quality is excellent even with bright light. Please advice.

1700 means you will need to spend another 15-25k in the next 6months or so. How much warranty is left? If less than 6 months, it will be risky

OP
T

techzar

Right off the assembly line
1700 means you will need to spend another 15-25k in the next 6months or so. How much warranty is left? If less than 6 months, it will be risky
It is a 1080P Projector. It does not have any warranty and was bought around 2015. Even if the lamp change would cost 25K, is it still worth to buy this. Usage is just for weekend movies.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
It is a 1080P Projector. It does not have any warranty and was bought around 2015. Even if the lamp change would cost 25K, is it still worth to buy this. Usage is just for weekend movies.

Problem may arise with PCB, since this is 7 yr old and out of warranty, you may take the risk, but some parts like PCB and other components like lense might require a replacement. It is more like lottery, may come out good too.

If you can save 35-40k then get new one instead.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'd rather get a large TV instead of 7 year old projector which would need a costly lamp change.

Sent from my Poco X3 Pro using Tapatalk

Top Bottom