BCCI's New Rules for Indian Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
BCCI doesn't have right to limit players' earnings but they do not intend to do it either. They are just controlling something that they feel is hampering their employees' performance and is making them lose focus. As an employer they are in their full rights to create rules that they feel are right and performance enhancing. If the employee (players) do not want to agree with the rules then I am quite sure that they will be allowed to leave. No questions asked.

Now coming to endorsement and performance issue. Did you actually read the part of my post where I mentioned the "adrenaline rush" thing? Dhoni was averaging in higher 60s before he got into advertisements. Where is he now? Harbhajan Singh was the youngest player to be signed by Pepsi. This lead him to perform very poorly (rockstar feelings?) and got himself dropped. Now that he is back since some years..we can see him in many campaigns and the performance is again going downhill. Irfan Pathan's poor show is because of Chappell? What did he do? Ask him to bowl at slower pace? Blaming someone else for a player's performance is ridiculous and immature. New technologies are developed to help people and Pathan is not the only sports person in whole world to be worked on by biomechanics. If they were reducing the performance of sports persons then do you think anyone would follow them?

BCCI has every right to lay the rules for their employees and they have done that only. Look at doctors for instance. They are forced by various medical institutions not to practice privately because of various reasons. I don't see any one complaining. If someone doesn't want to work in particular kind of work environment then no one, be it BCCI or any other employer, can force him/her to work. Same is true for cricket players. You don't like the rules? Take a walk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom