BCCI plans to dump six senior players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
rajasekharan said:
oh. ok, so shastri is the new coach....:)

whos the bowling dept charge???
what about fielding???

they said kapildev is gonna come as bowling coach or something???
As far as I know, Robin Singh is the fielding coach and Venkatesh Prasad is the bowling coach.

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
Prasad was one of the best ballers India ha with the new ball.
Now I dont see a fast baller who can handle new ball for India

blackpearl

The Devil
vimal_mehrotra said:
^^I remember him going for sixes most of the time.:pMaybe I am wrong:D

Actually he has coached under 19 teams and they fared well AFAIK. They appointed him on this basis, and I think thats right. We need experienced coaches, not great players.

And btw, those players were not dropped but "rested". But I wish they were dropped, nothing against Ganguly though :))

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
BCCI is a fool.:D...Let them lose the series against Bangladesh. Then they will bring back all of the senior players dropped.

BTW, why is Dravid captain if BCCI wants younger players? He's also 34..:mad:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
^^ cant agree more with @Digitized......

making dravid the captain is a big mistake...he just cant take any decisions when needed...he is a great player but not a leader....

karnivore

in your face..
digitized said:
why is Dravid captain if BCCI wants younger players? He's also 34..:mad:

Good q. Then again what can u expect from a bunch of ****ing amateurs to whom hypocrisy comes as naturally as taking a crap. It is an integral part of their biology.

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
^^ Yeah Akram is better than Prasad because he knows the art of swing.He is the Sultan of Swing and under his coaching Pathan could be more dangerous.But our BCCI #$%#$%# :mad:

pannaguma

Turn The Page
i can confidently say that there would have been an uproar of dissapproval in pakistan had BCCI asked wasim akram to be the bowling coach.

BTW,
dravid wins tosses, takes wrong decisions & LOSES matches(eg.match against BAN),
but ganguly used to lose tosses yet WIN matches.

also i read in HT an article written by KRIS SRIKANT, in which he says he faced a similar situation 18 yrs ago when he was captain.........he was asked to side with the board and drop seniors. but he didnt betray his teammates. so instead he himself got DUMPED.

straight from CAPTAIN to OUT OF THE TEAM.

hence dravid his saving his own ass while 6 players (some of them in better form) are thrown out of the team.

INS-ANI

In the zone
Indyan said:
This is crap. You dont drop players because of age. You can only drop them if they dont perform. How can you drop someone who has been averaging 50+ in last 10 matches?
See : *www.telegraphindia.com/1070409/images/9oldbig.jpg
The theory doesn't seem to apply with aussies...
We have to invest in young players so that they can play tmr...
these senior player wont last more thaan 3-4 years... wat after that...
inducting new-young players may be a temporary setback... but will certainly show reslts in long run...
beside i wil prefer a young indian team.....

csczero

Journeyman
i would love to see those big six lol go out .... specially DADA and group comprising saurav harbhajan zaheer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom