BB 8830 WE : Enabling Access to Internet

RBX

In the zone
I have a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition and I'm seeking to get access to Internet using Airtel Connection.
I have no clear knowledge of distinction between BIS and data plan and which one of those is necessary to get most primitive of access.

I guess I can get access to BIS using airtel.blackberry.com; if I do that, will it become device specific or SIM specific ?

I'd love even if I could see Airtel Live loading in browser.

k4ce

Youngling
I dont think blakberry fones work with noormal data connection ... u need a Blackberry Internet service

However, with a regular data plan, u can surf using a third party browser like opera mini

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You would need to call your SP, and they will move you to a BB specific plan. Either EDGE or 3G, as per your zone+liking.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Yup, it is the regular plan :p

BB phones work with normal plans too, other plans are just a way to fool customers!

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
with a regular data plan, u can surf using a third party browser like opera mini

Thanks, this worked exactly as intended. I just had to set access point name (APN) as airtelgprs.com

Some applications however, still resist this. FB for BB said that your current data plan is not suitable for this application.

Top Bottom