Basic Config@15K ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
Please suggests me a good motherboard, processor and RAM configuration under 15,000. I need it basically for watching HD/DVD Movies, Office Work, Internet Surfing and little bit of gaming (low resolution will also do). It should be future proof at least for the next 2 years...

Cilus

laborare est orare
At the budget u mentioned, AMD config will be best 4 u.

My recommendation is
a. Computer with good On-board Graphics

1. AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz @ 5.5k
2. Biostar TA785GE 128M @ 4.3k
3. Kingston 2 GB DDR2 800 MHZ RAm @ 1k
4. Zebronics 550W Pro PSU @ 2.8k

This config will be superb for today's normal application and casual gaming. The Biostar board is having a dedicated 128MB DDR3 (Sideport Memory) 4200 Gfx core. It is a DirectX 10.1 Graphics card and can play all the latest games in low setting. 2008 games will be playable at good setting. It is having a lot of upgrade options which makes it one of the most future proof M/B

b. Computer Without On-board Graphics

1. AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz @ 5.5k
Biostar A785GE @ 3.6k
3. Kingston 2 GB DDR2 800 MHZ RAm @ 1k
4. Zebronics 550W Pro PSU @ 2.8k

5. Sapphire HD4550 512MB GDDR3 @ 2.9K

Here I just changed the M/B with a version without the sideport memory and added a dedicated low end Gfx card. U will get performance boost since the onboard 4200 and the dedicated 4550 Gfx card will work simultaneously in Hybrid Crossfire mode.
This is very good for above casual gaming config.

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
Thanks for the config...I want to know one thing... Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H and Biostar TA785GE 128M have almost the same specs., which one is better in terms of quality, service and performance. I don't know much about AMD's, Is AMD Athlon II X4 620 a quad core processor ???

Cilus

laborare est orare
The Biostar board is little cheaper than the Gigabyte board. Gigabyte board will offer u better overclocking capability. But for normal usage, Biostar board is good. Biostar servicing is also good now.

And yes AMD Athlon II 620 X4 is a Quad core processor. In fact it is the cheapest quad core available now. Performance wise it is slightly better than Intel Q8200 which costs almost double of the AMD processor.

It is basically a new Phenom II processor with the L3 cache disabled.

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
^ :p the AMD Athlon II X4 is an entirely new processor, nothing to do with Phenoms. It never had an L3 cache on the chip by design. Its not another phenom :p

Alternatively, a DDR3 / AM3 based config :p

Processor:
AMD Athlon II X4 620 (2.6 Ghz) - 5400/-

Motherboard:
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO - 6900/- (Based on 785G Chipset)
-128M Sideport Memory
-two PCI-e x16 slots if you ever intend to upgrade the rig later
- Esata

OR
Biostar TA790GX A3+ - 6300/- (Based on 790FX Chipset)
(Also has 128M sideport memory)
(Also has two PCI-ex16 slots)
(lacks some USB ports than the above and also an Esata port)

DDR3 RAM
Transcend Value DDR3 2GB RAM - 2500/-
---------------------------------------------------------
Total : 14-14.8k
A bit more expensive but more futureproof since DDR2 is on its way out :) Although I haven't included the cost of a good power supply, the very least you should get a Coolermaster Real Power Pro 460W for 3,500.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@OP go for the Biostar TA785GE as you can have excellent onboard gfx with it. If you want to, then later you may add a dedicated gfx card too. :)

Replace the PSU with a Corsair CX400W or Tagan TG-500-U37 @ 3.2k OR CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k

heavyarms

Broken In
AMD 550BE 5.4k pickup a batch 0922/0925 and unlock it to quad b50 x4
Pair with a biostar TA 785GE 3.6k
zebronice 350w pro 1.5k
2gb ram 1.5k transcend ddr2 800 powerchips (ram prices have soared recently)
ati 4670 512mb gddr3 4.5

I would like to increase you to the budget to accomodate the following
This would satisty your needs.

Total comes around 16.5k but worth it.
If you already own a psu it fits right in ur budget 15k, was wondering y Celius quoted it in first place since you didnt mention about it.

Nyways its always better to have a dedicated gpu.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Xeno, Do u know the difference between the Phenom II and Athlon II processors Architecture wise? They are having the same architecture, Athlon II is just missing the L3 cache. But in lot of case by using M/B with south-bridge SB710(AMD 790, 785, 770 Chip-set based boards), people were able to unlock the extra cores or L3 cache.
Athlon II X4 620/630 are nothing but some Phenom II processors with faulty L3 cache that has been disabled. In 1st batch of these processors, a lot of people successfully unlocked the cache and they become fully working Phenom II processors. In newer batches, AMD removes the L3 cache physically.

So believe me, Athon II X4 is nothing but a Phenom II without L3 cache.

My recommendation for 785 chipset base M/B because of the fact of Good inbuilt Graphics core 4200 which is far better than the 3300 Graphics core present in 790 chipset based boards.

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
While that is there for the older lot, the newer lot will have a new die entirely. Architecture could be the same, I wasnt saying that. But its not some unlockable CPU which can be a phenom later on.

*www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3638
This isn’t a harvested Phenom II nor is it a pair of Athlon II X2s, instead it looks like we have a brand new die on our hands (some Athlon II X4s will be crippled Phenom IIs but AMD insists that the new die will be used).
We wont be getting the older batch :p So it may be a Phenom without the L3 cache, but that does make a difference as the circuitry needed for the L3 cache wont be present on the new batch of processors. Therefore the newer batch wouldn't be Phenom with a faulty L3 cache which have been disabled but rather a proper Athlon X4.

IMO the Phenom II X2 550BE has better chances of unlocking if you really just want to unlock a processor...

(anyhow AMD has several processors to pick from :-? the price difference isnt that much)

Last edited:

otpsurvive

Broken In
I’d suggest the same config as Cilus has except for the PSU. Go in for the Cooler Master Elite 335 cabinet with the in-built PSU. This PSU is a 400W one and is not sold retail and comes with a 20A rating on the 12V rail which is not the case with the PSUs that are sold retail. The ones sold retail are the 390W and the 460W ones. If you can afford it, go for the Corsair VX450 with which you don’t have to worry too much about upgrading your GPU later. Also, go in for 4GB of RAM since it is under your budget. More RAM always helps. And yes the 620 X4 is a quad core processor. At that price, a quad core. It is a STEAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom