Bajaj beats TATA to launch Small car

Status
Not open for further replies.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Bajaj has, without any much fanfare launched their Small Car which they would manufacture in collaboration with Renault and Nissan, beating TATA's small car launch by two days !!!

More: *specials.rediff.com/money/2008/jan/08sld01.htm

praka123

left this forum longback
thanks for the news.BTW,I read earlier that nissan,suzuki(maruti) along with bajaj are gonna launch 1 lakh cars :p also,if we're lucky,we may get a daihatsu(diesel engine) like car here for 1 lakh+ 8)

Pat

Beyond Smart
Guys,its just a concept car and the actual product wont be ready until 2-4 years minimum.

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Guys,its just a concept car and the actual product wont be ready until 2-4 years minimum.

It would be onroads by 2010 and Bajaj says the mileage would be double that of current cars'. Seems they are betting on operating costs over initial costs.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Even Tatas 1 lac car is supposed to give around 25 kmpl! And it will be launched in 2008 itself.That IMO is a better proposition than that of Bajaj!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Man, what the hell. These are gonna leave huge carbon footprint and it will take 3-4 times more time to travel on Hosur Road to reach Electronic City from blr. :-(

praka123

left this forum longback
^then live in Hosur(much better!) and commute to Electronic City(25min?)!at least this will save banglore from population explosion.BTW,Hosoor is now unofficially the satellite town of banglore!get off Bangalore!come and reside in Hosur!save Bangalore :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ well said.

Yes. The cost of a 2BHK in chandapura is just 3k and it's just 2-3 kms away from electronic city. Better move to this place :)

In Bangalore, you get a single room for that price.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^then live in Hosur(much better!) and commute to Electronic City(25min?)!at least this will save banglore from population explosion.BTW,Hosoor is now unofficially the satellite town of banglore!get off Bangalore!come and reside in Hosur!save Bangalore :)

desibond ke kitne bacche hai ? :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Dude but they are building elevated Express highway na!It will be ready by june-July.

No use. Elevated highway only makes it a little better. But the introduction of 1L cars will definitely negate the use of that. Moreover, that elevated highway starts near to silkboard. But getting to that highway itself takes a long time and loads of patience.

So, yes moving to Hosur or Chadapur is better way to beat traffic. Or start at 6AM.

nix

i feel the TATA is going to be better than this... they have spent lot of time and money and i hope its not going to be those 4 wheels on sheet metal barebones kind of thing...

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
i feel the TATA is going to be better than this... they have spent lot of time and money and i hope its not going to be those 4 wheels on sheet metal barebones kind of thing...

Whatever! But it is definitely safe for 4 inside this car than for 4 on a two wheeler - a kid in front, dad, a kid in between and mom - I know you are familiar with this common sight.

UPDATE: The car is named JEH and is bigger than Maruti 800, 4 doors, comfortable seating for 4 adults, rear engine, 33bhp, with airconditioning, no power windows, no power steering, no airbags. Source: CNN IBN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom