Auto Play Problem In Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneek

Broken In
Hi guys,
I have Vista Running in my computer for long. But today I was encountered a strange problem.
My DVDs in not autoplaying.When I insert a mixed DVD in to my DVD Drive The "DVD RW Drive" shows only the size of the total DVD and free space.When I double click on that it promots "Prepair the blank Disk"to format the disc and gives me the default write option as Vista provides. If I open or explore then also the write option pops out. I've enabled the autoplay options in many ways i.e, "Ask me every time" and also as "Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer".
But if I restart my machine with the DVD inside on the drive then after restart when the computer starts, if I go to the computer and on double click on the DVD RW Drive icon then the DVD opens...And functions perfectly.....:confused:

Please help me on this because how many times I restart to get a DVD to run..??? Its very annoying.So please post a solutions.....

I'm Providing some Pictures....Please See them and Help me on this Problem...

OP
aneek

aneek

Broken In
Tried To solve the problem But..................
Hi,guys..........I'm doing some things to my computer to enable autorun but, no success yet....
1.I Ensured that Shell Hardware Detection service is running.
2.I navigated to
[FONT=&quot]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
to see whether [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]the [FONT=&quot]AutoRun[/FONT] registry value in the right pane[/FONT] was zero or not. Yes it was and I changed it to 1.
There also I saw that a key named AutoRunAlways Disable of REG_MULTI_SZ type has the value data of TORiSAN CD-ROM CDR_C36
NEC MBR-7
NEC MBR-7.4
PIONEER CHANGR DRM-1804X
PIONEER CD-ROM DRM-6324X
PIONEER CD-ROM DRM-624X.
I don’t know what to do with it..

3.Again I navigated to [FONT=&quot]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer[/FONT] to see the [FONT=&quot]the [FONT=&quot]NoDriveTypeAutoRun[/FONT] registry entry on the right pane[/FONT]. [FONT=&quot]To enable AutoPlay on all drive types, I set the NoDriveTypeAutoRun to 0 (zero)[/FONT].
4. Also I've twicked on
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
NoDriveTypeAutoRun = 0x00000095
-and-
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
NoDriveTypeAutoRun = 0x00000095
These are all correct measures taken I know. But Tell me about the
TORiSAN CD-ROM CDR_C36
NEC MBR-7
NEC MBR-7.4
PIONEER CHANGR DRM-1804X
PIONEER CD-ROM DRM-6324X
PIONEER CD-ROM DRM-624X.

Thing.........What to do with it..??????????????????????????????????????? Help Please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom