Author Sidney Sheldon dies at 89

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Source

Bestselling novelist Sidney Sheldon has died at 89. Sheldon wrote for films and TV, creating the sitcom I Dream of Jeannie before moving on to novels. He had 18 books on The New York Times bestseller list, including The Other Side of Midnight.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Well I hoped he would come out with other Novels, I'm shocked he passed away so early. His novels have the unique style...delving deep into the human spirit and the realities of the world...

Rest in peace Sidney Sheldon

:(

rajasekharan

Youngling
So early . . Its 89 :-o . . Yeah its sad though :-( . . But i only knew he was 89 today . . Pretty long life . .another great writer to pass away :-( :-( :-(

K

krazyfrog

I've read two novels that i really loved but can't remember their names. One was about a woman with split personalities who'd go on murdering people and the other was about a detective who was to find a bus full of people who saw an alien space ship. Has anyone read these?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Too bad , but i read "Doomsday conspiracy" written by him and it was horribly written that even 8 year old wud reject.

@krazyfrog, the bus full of ppl who saw alien ship novel is what i am talking abt. Dumb Novel.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
krazyfrog said:
One was about a woman with split personalities who'd go on murdering people
Yeah, I've read that one. I forgot the name though. She had two alter egos. It was a wonderful novel.
Actually, I've read many of his novels and have loved all of them. :)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
tarey_g said:
Too bad , but i read "Doomsday conspiracy" written by him and it was horribly written that even 8 year old wud reject.
u crazy or what??
Doomsday conspiracy is a great novel. And its written so nicely,except ending(which was bad) everything was awasome.. Real pageturner

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

All Sydney Sheldon novels were real pageturners, no doubt about that. No wonders he's called the world's best story teller. Doomsday conspiracy's ending wasn't very good, rest was great.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Sad News.
His all Novels r great but I like If Tomorrow Comes from Sidney Sheldon & Deception Point from Dan Brown coz I believe in tricks, & I m much interested in Science & Technology.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
eggman said:
u crazy or what??
Doomsday conspiracy is a great novel. And its written so nicely,except ending(which was bad) everything was awasome.. Real pageturner

You liked it , fine . But it was very stupidly written imo. Presentation was childish.

K

krazyfrog

^^ It was about an ex-Army officer who was given the job of finding all the passengers of a tourist bus who apparently had seen an alien space ship. No details were given to him about the passengers. He had to find them himself and interrogate about what they've seen and to tell them that what they've seen was actually some military aircraft and not an alien spaceship. But later all the passengers were killed by the government since they've seen the spaceship and then they go after the officer himself since he knew about it too. This was first half of the book. The rest half dealt with how the officer escaped from his killers everytime by using his wits. The officer had a history of his own including his wife who left him for another man. All these parts were nicely merged into one story by the author.

prasad_den

Padawan
aryayush said:
Yeah, I've read that one. I forgot the name though. She had two alter egos. It was a wonderful novel.
Actually, I've read many of his novels and have loved all of them. :)
Thats is TELL ME YOUR DREAMS.. Thats one of my favorites too..
I liked "Bloodline" a lot..

Most of his stories have a lead female character, who is dominating in her own world. And almost all these characters are poor helpless women who rise up in the society against all odds..
One reason why many did not like his novels is because he includes sex as a main ingredient..!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
krazyfrog said:
^^ It was about an ex-Army officer who was given the job of finding all the passengers of a tourist bus who apparently had seen an alien space ship. No details were given to him about the passengers. He had to find them himself and interrogate about what they've seen and to tell them that what they've seen was actually some military aircraft and not an alien spaceship. But later all the passengers were killed by the government since they've seen the spaceship and then they go after the officer himself since he knew about it too. This was first half of the book. The rest half dealt with how the officer escaped from his killers everytime by using his wits. The officer had a history of his own including his wife who left him for another man. All these parts were nicely merged into one story by the author.
Oh, I havent read it then. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom