Authentication Problem in Asus Nexus 7

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I am sharing my wired broadband on laptop running Win 7 x64 , with my Nexus 7 through netsh commands but during regular intervals I am getting error message: " Authentication Problem" on Nexus device. Searched a bit & found that WPS should be enabled in the laptop network settings , but I don't know where!!!:evil::evil::evil:
This has been a PITA since night as I want to download stuffs on my tab & you know how google play downloading works.... 99% (if disconnected then ur dead :( ).

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
First of all, pardon my knowledge in networking. I will attempt to make some kind of sense here.

It looks like you don't have a Wifi router, and hence trying to share your wired internet connection to N7.

A quick search shows that on Win 7, you can use VirtualRouter to make an ad-hoc connection and then share the internet with the N7. So why are you using netsh commands?

And, WPS is a mechanism that you use on your router to connect to a wifi cabable device with the push of a button. And its very easy to do so. (PDF) So, I don't think it's suitable to connect your device though "wired" way.

So you can give VirtualRouter a try.

sksundram

In the zone
I have tried Virtual Router too in the past and funnily it didn't work for me. It was not a polished software at that time, i think. Never gave a second try. And in that article, nowhere it's written that virtual router is better.
Connectify - works on both windows 7 and 8. @op it's not free though. So better try virtual router first. If it works then good for you as it is free else go for connectify (if you know where to download the full version...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@theterminator,did you tried my earlier post?anyway connectify free is the recommended solution & the only significant feature it is missing(available in pro version) is sharing of 3g/4g usb modems but if you are using a wired internet connection connectify lite/free will do the job.

Top Bottom