ATI X1300 PCI or Nvidia GeForce FX5500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
W

wnns13

Broken In
okay i tried it on my brothers conputer he has a (ati xpress 64mb onboard card and 446mb ram) and it ran very slow like 15 mins to load a race and like 15fps in a race on low but i did not get to try it on my though

shadow2get

In the zone
Since you ran the game on an 64MB on board ATI Xpress & 440MB RAM, that is the bottleneck. :rolleyes:

The card you have/will buy will have Hardware Vertex & Pixel Shaders along with dedicated 256MB of Memory for it. NFS Pro Street will make very good use of it. Also, increasing the System memory to 1GB / 2GB will certainly help in yours or your Brother's comp. :cool:

OP
W

wnns13

Broken In
so if i got 1gb ram my computer could play modern games? (eg 2007)
edit: would Hitman Blood Money work good my computer on High settings?

shadow2get

In the zone
I think 1GB of RAM will be a considerable improvement in Loading Times for a number of games.

You will be needing a High end graphics card for running settings at high resolutions / settings. But I can't assure you that on a PCI based graphics card, you will run the 2007 games on High Settings. Though, It will run in Low/Medium Settings & Medium Resolution.

Regarding Hitman: Blood Money, Saw the Minimum System requirements.
I am sure it will run on Med-High Settings on Med. Resolution.

shadow2get

In the zone
I think I have told what types of games can be run & the settings & resolutions you can run it on. Also told you that upgrade of RAM is a necessity.

You will have to look up the Games minimum system requirement. You can google it up if you don't know.:idea:
And make a decision yourself whether the game would work or not.

zeekftw

Right off the assembly line
Plz help me with my fps problem

Hello
i recently purchased a HP laptop
my config is 64bitAMD Turion , 2gb Ram , Nvidia 7150gs gcard , windows vistahome premium edition.
i played cs on 100fps on 640 reso fr a day, the next day i started cs it ws giving 63 65fps max...
i reinstalled nvidia drivers. still the same problem
my vsync is also off
plz help

Hey... I am assuming that you must have got the M/B for a very less amount. Lemme know.
Back in 2005 Q3 ?

Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz GRANTSDALE CPU - Rs. 8,543.
Intel D915GLVG Motherboard - Rs. 5,500.

With that budget, and adding other expensive components, I can buy a killer Spider Rig today.
:(

PS: sorry for delayed answer.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I have used both Fx 5500 , ATi 9250 & 6200 cards almost 2 years ago ! Although they were regular AGP version not PCI.

I have some first hand idea about their performance !

Cards were

1.Sparkle 6200 Ultra 256 MB DDR2 ..... sold to samrat
2.Palit Fx 5500 128MB DDR ... sold to climax
3.Ati 9250 256 MB DDR ... sold on ebay

Config was

1.AMD Athlon xp 1800+
2.512 MB DDR 333 RAM
3.Seagate 7200.2 PATA drive
4.Samsung 56v monitor

I was able to play NFS UG1 on all those cards..6200 RAN it at 1024 x 768 All high settings , Fx 5500 also also no different ..but ATi 9250 could only manage 800 x 600 high details

NFS UG 2 was a different story altogether .. My 6200 struggled to run it 800 x 600 high , Fx 5500 was running it comfortably at 800 x 600 but ATi card was a disastar.

All three cards ran HITMAN , Progect IGI 2 perfectly at 1024 x 768 !!!

Most people are comparing the 9250 with a 6200..but actually it was a FX 5200 ultra level card (Like Fx 5300 )..have a bit more clockspeed than the 5200 .Beside it is a DX 8.1 only card..(No Dx 9...so forget vista aero) ..the other two are DX 9 card

zeekftw

Right off the assembly line
Hello
i recently purchased a HP laptop
my config is 64bitAMD Turion , 2gb Ram , Nvidia 7150gs gcard , windows vistahome premium edition.
i played cs on 100fps on 640 reso fr a day, the next day i started cs it ws giving 63 65fps max...
i reinstalled nvidia drivers. still the same problem
my vsync is also off
plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom