Athlon 64 X2 4800+ vsCore 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz E6320

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
i wnat to buy a new computer i cannot decide with motherboard people say amd is value or money and people say c2d is beeter

but can u tell me which is faster
Athlon 64 X2 4800+ vsCore 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz E6320
Biostar TA690G
DDR 2 1 GB 667 Mhz 1625
Seagate Sata 2 160 GB 2550

and can u also tell people r talking about overcloker can u tell me what is it

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
wats ur budget for mobo & proccy?
if u run a part of ur pc (proccy,ram,gfx card etc) at a speed higher than the speed at which its rated to run,then u've oc'd hat part.

if u wanna oc then i'll suggest u to b uy C2D e4300/E4400/E6420 depending on ur budget along with a good mobo like Asus P5N-E SLi,P5B DLX,P5K DLX.
if u dont wanna invest much on mobo then its better to buy X2.

rahul30

Techzilla!
see y ppl consider amd processors as value for money because the motherboards are better priced and thus the overall package is nice...se by overclocking a few 200-400 mhz you are not going to increase the performance by a good margin...and if u overclock abouy 800-900 mhz then u have to buy a better cooler ...better fans ..etc...so i think overclocking doesnt make sense if you want to increase by a 200-400 mhz...se overclocking an E4300 to 3ghz is something different but generally if you are not to finicky about the extra mhz then dont go for overclocking...

now for the choice of processors amd x2 series is good value for money after its price drops..but intel have also slashed their prices and are going to slash further in july 22nd..

at stock speed:

amd x2 4200 to amd x2 4600 = intel core 2 duo E6300 and E6320
amd x2 4800 to amd x2 5600 = intel core 2 duo E6400 and E6420
amd x2 6000 = intel core 2 duo E6600

mind u this is just generalised for plain info

assasin

Banned
rahul30 said:
and if u overclock abouy 800-900 mhz then u have to buy a better cooler ...better fans ..etc...so i think overclocking doesnt make sense if you want to increase by a 200-400 mhz...se overclocking an E4300 to 3ghz is something different but generally if you are not to finicky about the extra mhz then dont go for overclocking...

thats not true!!!
most users on this forum hav oc'd their C2D E4300/E6300 beyond 3GHz on stock cooling including me.
and performance inc after oc is gr8.

samanvya_ad

Broken In
i m nt a great overclocker but i do overclock on stock heatsink n fan...

i want to upgrade to e4300 conroe proccy...

so suggest some good but cheap mobo along with it... cos this upgrade would be hidden to parents so in no case the budget is beyond 9-10K ... (keep 10 k Max.)

other thing... on stock heatink n fan to what extent can we safely overclock E4300 with almost negligible risk.... .. i m nt rich so i will stick to stock heat sinks only... but i know a indegenous technique of cooling)thats- open up the cabinet n keep a fast Car fan near it... man it keeps the comp cool....)

so till what extent can we safely overclock it.... cos in oene review i saw a 100% overclock i.e 3.6 Ghz( 9 x 400) but that was with watercooling...

samanvya_ad

Broken In
yup..
understand this way- if ur CAR can run at a max speed of 120 mile/hour then running ur car at 150 mile/hour with some normal modifications that u urself have done in ur own home is called overclocking...

almost all motherboards have features to slightly increase the default speed of processors.... if processor is P4 2.8 Ghz then running it at 3Ghz will be overclocking it...

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hacker better tell us bout ur max budget so that it will b easier for us to recommend u da best possible confi in that price range,at this point of time AMD is more VFM.and ya get urself atleast 2Gb ram instead of 1.

samanvya_ad

Broken In
i want to upgrade to e4300 conroe proccy...

so suggest some good but cheap mobo along with it... cos this upgrade would be hidden to parents so in no case the budget is beyond 9-10K ... (keep 10 k Max.)

other thing... on stock heatink n fan to what extent can we safely overclock E4300 with almost negligible risk.... .. i m nt rich so i will stick to stock heat sinks only... but i know a indegenous technique of cooling)thats- open up the cabinet n keep a fast Car fan near it... man it keeps the comp cool....)

so till what extent can we safely overclock it.... cos in oene review i saw a 100% overclock i.e 3.6 Ghz( 9 x 400) but that was with watercooling...

OP
H

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
my budget is about 30,000

samanvya_ad said:
yup..
understand this way- if ur CAR can run at a max speed of 120 mile/hour then running ur car at 150 mile/hour with some normal modifications that u urself have done in ur own home is called overclocking...

almost all motherboards have features to slightly increase the default speed of processors.... if processor is P4 2.8 Ghz then running it at 3Ghz will be overclocking it...

thank u vry much now i understand man and how to overclock can u tell me do we have to put a software or a chip

Last edited:

samanvya_ad

Broken In
no no... as i told u do it urself without any extra softwares or chips... just go to ur bios while booting... there (different motherboard have different options) search for "frequency" or "FSB" other such entries that give a speed of around 200 or something... then there will be multiplier settings....
Generally
frequency/FSB x multiplier = speed of ur processor

e.g. FSB 200 x Multiplier 9 = 1800 Mhz(thats the speed of ur comp)

all u have to do is to change the fsb .... but dont play with it change slightly n then run ur comp for few hours to see if its stable.... its advisable for a beginner not to increase/ decrease anything more/less than 10%.... so if FSB is 200 dont increase it beyond 220.....

later u will urself know by experience about the limit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom