Asus Zeofone Max versus Samsung Galaxy Note I

sarosh

Journeyman
Hi,
I have Samsung Galaxy Note I (one) and it still runs fine. It was running slow and draining battery in the past, but then I factory reset it and installed the apps I needed and turned off auto-update on the playstore and haven't updated anything and the phone is running faster and the batter is lasting better.

I am very tempted to buy the Asus Zenfone 2 or the Asus Zenfone Max, both available for about Rs.10,000/- with 2GB ram.

I would like to know from you guys how much of an actual performance upgrade will the asus Zenphones be over my Samsung Galaxy Note 1. I have seen some of the newer phones of my friend, and my unbiased opinion is that my phone's screen still looks better than many of the newer phones out there.

I would like to know from you guys if purchasing an Asus Zenfone2 or an Asus Zenfone Max will offer me a significant performance improvement and joy of using a new phone as compared to my Samsung Note 1.
Thanks in advance.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill this:
*www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html

Both the mentioned zenfone variants have better SoC, more ram (2 GB vs 1 GB), updated OS (LP/MM vs JB) and lack touchwiz bloat.

(source: Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 vs. Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL vs. Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML - GSMArena.com)

Most of the recent 10k-20k priced phones are more than capable enough of replacing your Note I.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I think the Zenfones are better in every regard
probably more vfm and smoother than even the latest Samsungs

OP
S

sarosh

Journeyman
Thanks guys,
My current Note 1 is actually running quite nicely, especially after I factory reset and didn't update any apps.

I was wondering if I will get the same thrill and joy using the Asus ZenFone as I did when I first saw the beautiful screen and form of the Note 1 for the first time 3 years ago.

It's not just about replacing my Note 1, because it is working fine. But will the Rs.10,000/- I spend on the ZenFone actually give me the joy and thrill of owning a phone that is very much better than my Note 1?

androidfreak

Broken In
You will miss the AMOLED display for sure. Once you're used to the black levels of an AMOLED, it's difficult to switch to an IPS/LCD display.

OP
S

sarosh

Journeyman
I think you're right. I have seen lot of the new phones of my friends from various brands, and I think in my unbiased opinion the screen of my Note1 looks very much nicer than the screen of these latest phones. I think I'll stick with my Note1 for now because it is still a very nice phone.

sankar789

Broken In
Note 1 is outdated, it won't get sold much now! As Asus Zenfone max is the latest smartphone, people would opt it, even though Samsung is most demanding.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
I think you're right. I have seen lot of the new phones of my friends from various brands, and I think in my unbiased opinion the screen of my Note1 looks very much nicer than the screen of these latest phones. I think I'll stick with my Note1 for now because it is still a very nice phone.
Why don't you consider Samsung J7 which has excellent SUPER AMOLED screen and better specs than your ancient note 1.

RanbirTandon

Right off the assembly line
Both are very different. You can not compare these models. one is too old and another one is newer. Both price range are different. Features are also different. Why we are buying old mobile if new mobile with minimum price range can gives us good features.

Top Bottom