Asus Zenfone 6/Asus 6z First impressions

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I thought you were talking about screenshot shouldn't be there.:) btw do you have any experience with max pro m1.

What ss?
Have one at home, used only to make calls, videos etc. no gaming at all. Have the 32+3 version. Got it for around 11k when it was launched. Nice phone, but fell in the water last night so no sound/screen as of now lol

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What ss?
Have one at home, used only to make calls, videos etc. no gaming at all. Have the 32+3 version. Got it for around 11k when it was launched. Nice phone, but fell in the water last night so no sound/screen as of now lol
upload_2019-7-31_18-55-13.png

So before pie update was it working fine,I mean UI responsiveness,call quality etc.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea that's the one at home. Call quality isn't an issue. Only call recording and UI responsiveness. If you are thinking to buy this, get a phone which is atleast water resistant. Only about 2 drops went inside and it went kaput.
Which phone is actually water resistant in this budget(~10k) anyway? I don't think any phone can survive dropping in water in this price range even if it survives a bit of rainfall while inside pocket. Also about UI responsiveness,isn't max pro m1 UI very close to stock android so how come its responsiveness be an issue(I mean a heavy UI with ads & bloatware I can understand).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Which phone is actually water resistant in this budget(~10k) anyway? I don't think any phone can survive dropping in water in this price range even if it survives a bit of rainfall while inside pocket. Also about UI responsiveness,isn't max pro m1 UI very close to stock android so how come its responsiveness be an issue(I mean a heavy UI with ads & bloatware I can understand).
Just few, around 2-4, droplets of water, thanks to water cooler and boom its gone. I agree the budget is an issue but this has taught me that a water resistant phone is needed.
It is very very close to stock. What I meant was that Asus hasn't cooked pie well for this phone. By responsiveness I meant that there are lags.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just few, around 2-4, droplets of water, thanks to water cooler and boom its gone. I agree the budget is an issue but this has taught me that a water resistant phone is needed.
It is very very close to stock. What I meant was that Asus hasn't cooked pie well for this phone. By responsiveness I meant that there are lags.
So Oreo last update on max pro m1 works fine with all features(like jio native video calling,gcam support via camera2 api ,call recording etc)?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Bit late but how is M1 with Pie now? Had bought one for my sister and updated right off the bat and sent the phone to her. She hasn't yet complained though.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bit late but how is M1 with Pie now? Had bought one for my sister and updated right off the bat and sent the phone to her. She hasn't yet complained though.
Going by all the comments on asus own forum & xda forum I have reached a conclusion that max pro m1 is a mobile which you will either like it or hate it with no in between.If your sister hasn't complained yet then she liked it but it is not necessary you will like it too.In any case,max pro m1 has very good support on xda forum & has lots of custom roms available for it so in the worst case scenario you can always use that option(assuming you are not averse to experimenting & learning some stuff).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Pie bugs can be ignored for normal users. Nothing to worry much. Did you install gcam with night mode?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I was not much informed about GCam at that time.

I have asked my nephew to do it but at present they don't have a PC to enable Camera2API.

Top Bottom