Asus Zenfone 4 Restarting/Shutting down randomly, Battery level drops after every restart

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys,
I have an Asus zenfone 4 running Android 5.0, about 1 year and 8 months old.

I am having a few issues.

The phone is shutting down and sometimes restarting randomly. within yesterday itself, it shut off randomly 5 times, out of which, 3 were quite back to back.

When I started the phone again, the battery percentage dropped from 60 percent to 11 percent. and then again, and it dropped to 10, and then again, and it dropped to 6 percent.

What should I do ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Most probably failing hardware. You can try to factory reset the phone to see if it solves the problem. If it doesn't, then that means the phone is dying. Get a new phone.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi guys,
I have an Asus zenfone 4 running Android 5.0, about 1 year and 8 months old.

I am having a few issues.

The phone is shutting down and sometimes restarting randomly. within yesterday itself, it shut off randomly 5 times, out of which, 3 were quite back to back.

When I started the phone again, the battery percentage dropped from 60 percent to 11 percent. and then again, and it dropped to 10, and then again, and it dropped to 6 percent.

What should I do ?

Do a factory reset and if it does not solve the issue then go for upcoming Zenfone 3 in August 15th.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Do a factory reset and if it does not solve the issue then go for upcoming Zenfone 3 in August 15th.

He didnt even ask for a replacement phone, and why would he buy another phone from the same brand that is giving him problems ?

@OP
take it to service center, friend owns same phone, had same problem.. service center charged Rs 2k for motherboard replacement..(phone was 1 year 2 months old)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
He didnt even ask for a replacement phone, and why would he buy another phone from the same brand that is giving him problems ?

@OP
take it to service center, friend owns same phone, had same problem.. service center charged Rs 2k for motherboard replacement..(phone was 1 year 2 months old)
My phone is Asus Zenfone 5 which is heating and getting struck. So I factory resetted my phone and updated to the latest firmware and the issue was solved.
This is why I told OP.
I like Asus phones a lot.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Minion

Conversation Architect
@OP

Don't you think 2k for repair is overpriced for a phone worth 4k.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for not replying, The problem wasn't much active after that. still, I would do a factory reset.

okay guys, I will factory reset today. Thank you all for your inputs. Lets see how it goes.

Top Bottom