ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 for 40k Inr

Xamanus

Journeyman
Without warranty / buying from abroad, is this good deal? ($600)

or 1070ti for $579

or gtx 1060 6gb for $320

In case you don't know $599 was the MSRP of GTX 1080 when it was launched 2 years ago.

I would say wait for next gen as rumors suggest up to 50% improvement for the successor of GTX 1080. Its supposed to be showcased in July. Even if Nvidia increases the MSRP, the successor of GTX 1070 will be more powerful or equal to GTX 1080 with new features at a price lower than or similar to $599.

Also buying from abroad without warranty is never a good idea. India is a hot & humid country & GPUs might fail after some time. People usually prefer Zotac as it provides 5 years of warranty. Most brands provide 3 years of warranty.

OP
X

Xamanus

Journeyman
In case you don't know $599 was the MSRP of GTX 1080 when it was launched 2 years ago.

I would say wait for next gen as rumors suggest up to 50% improvement for the successor of GTX 1080. Its supposed to be showcased in July. Even if Nvidia increases the MSRP, the successor of GTX 1070 will be more powerful or equal to GTX 1080 with new features at a price lower than or similar to $599.

Also buying from abroad without warranty is never a good idea. India is a hot & humid country & GPUs might fail after some time. People usually prefer Zotac as it provides 5 years of warranty. Most brands provide 3 years of warranty.

I cant, I know some one coming in June only, I was waiting for ryzen2, im fed up of waiting now, need to buy a pc asap. Regarding Humidity, 90% of time the ac will be on, so heat issue no problem. If i wait same issue Buy in India for a 30% mark up, + cyrptos consolidation almost over, Ether / btc will re test previous highs so price dropping is unlikely /( first week of april predicted ether bottom ) ethe 300
*ibb.co/eH24dn
the zotac 1060 6gb was on sale the other day for $259, I missed it. If i get similar price then should I snap it?

Already ordered crucial m500 ssd 500 gb $99, steel deal

Last edited:
As I said earlier, buying GPU without warranty is a big risk. If you are willing to take it, we can't stop you. We can only inform you of your choices.

Even I am waiting for next-gen GPUs to upgrade my laptop. I saw several good deals in the US but at the end of the day, the fact that next gen is 6 months away (for laptops) makes its worth the wait. For gaming, GPU is more important, so no need to wait for next-gen Intel CPUs which are scheduled to be released a year from now, which will most likely provide a 10% improvement as a big jump was made in 8th gen.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Better wait for ampere/volta releases. Such a big investment would be worth it and seal your purchase for the next 3-4 years.

Also prices may get slightly better after release since Nvidia wants to target gamers over miners.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

OP
X

Xamanus

Journeyman
Better wait for ampere/volta releases. Such a big investment would be worth it and seal your purchase for the next 3-4 years.

Also prices may get slightly better after release since Nvidia wants to target gamers over miners.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Ill have to wait for dec, release date is set q4 2018 as per articles

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Don't go with any of those gpus.. High price + high risk + 2 years old tech

If you can't find a decent old gpu ..Your best option is that you go with 1050ti @14k for now and then sell it after 1year or so ( you will likely get 7-7.5k ) when gpu prices are normal and new series have launched ..

From quick search , city skylines doesn't seem to require a powerful gpu , appears to be poorly optimized .. It seems You need to have a powerful cpu and ram .. Check benchmarks on YouTube first.. With 1050ti etc with ryzen 1600/2600

Not sure how much you are willing to compromise so also check benchmarks for ryzen 2400g .. If this works for you as a stopgap , and cpu performance is OK for you , then you don't need to buy gpu .. It has integrated gpu and is equivalent to gt 1030

Just as a reminder, Cities Skylines is not a GPU intensive game! • r/CitiesSkylines

Last edited:
OP
X

Xamanus

Journeyman
Don't go with any of those gpus.. High price + high risk + 2 years old tech

If you can't find a decent old gpu ..Your best option is that you go with 1050ti @14k for now and then sell it after 1year or so ( you will likely get 7-7.5k ) when gpu prices are normal and new series have launched ..

From quick search , city skylines doesn't seem to require a powerful gpu , appears to be poorly optimized .. It seems You need to have a powerful cpu and ram .. Check benchmarks on YouTube first.. With 1050ti etc with ryzen 1600/2600

Not sure how much you are willing to compromise so also check benchmarks for ryzen 2400g .. If this works for you as a stopgap , and cpu performance is OK for you , then you don't need to buy gpu .. It has integrated gpu and is equivalent to gt 1030

Just as a reminder, Cities Skylines is not a GPU intensive game! • r/CitiesSkylines

I had 960m on my laptop and that use to lag, I play it heavy with mods loaded. Now my gpu is dead, using this same laptop on intel card. ( tried with intel card, dosent work )

I will be playing online battlefield / cod definitely to.

just saw a video, the guy is saying 1060 is suffiecient, dont need spend the extra for 1080. How he stressing cpu should be 2700/1700x, also said minimum 8gb video ram

Last edited:
OP
X

Xamanus

Journeyman
Now im all confused right where i started. $900 in my poker stars account, wanna spend it all, dont wanna tranfer it to India, if i wait for 11 series, shall i just get stuff i dont need like - ps4/ipad/clothes

OP
X

Xamanus

Journeyman
otherwise what im thinking is, shall i just get this laptop for time being and get a new desktop later on

Costco Wholesale

Look a steel deal, flipkart etc selling this same laptop with lesser specs for 85k+ this will better specs im getting on 50ish

otherwise what im thinking is, shall i just get this laptop for time being and get a new desktop later on

Costco Wholesale

Look a steel deal, flipkart etc selling this same laptop with lesser specs for 85k+ this will better specs im getting on 50ish
That's a great deal for Dell 7577 indeed. You can transfer warranty for Dell laptops, so you will get warranty in India.

Ocassional new battlefield / cod. Mainly cities skylines loaded with mods
He asked you something else

OP
X

Xamanus

Journeyman
All of u saying no, so im avoiding it, will buy the new 11 series in India, Shall i get ram from abroad? 16 gb 3000mz for $159?

Also evga 1070ti is gone on sale for $449, shall i still avoid at such a yummy price?

Swetank Saroj

Broken In
Now im all confused right where i started. $900 in my poker stars account, wanna spend it all, dont wanna tranfer it to India, if i wait for 11 series, shall i just get stuff i dont need like - ps4/ipad/clothes

I have recently assembled my desktop PC during the last week of December 2017. Half of the parts I got from USA and GPU is one of them

Graphics Card GIGABYTE GTX 1080 GV-N1080AORUS-8GD R2 38,000 (Paid in USD)

You can check additional details here:

Suggestion on Intel 8th Generation Build

yeah, it has been a mere 6 months however I have not faced any issue as of now. Warranty is a concern, however I know people who travel frequently so can get it done if needed.

OP
X

Xamanus

Journeyman
I bought lenovo yoga720 for work purpose ( I love it, now i understand people are ready to spend $1000+ on an ultrabook without a graphic, totally worth it for a non gamer ) and ONE TB SSD .. Looking to buy rest from here for my gaming needs.

Ryzen 2600x or i58600k? 2600 14500, 2600x 18k both seem to be on similar price here in India ( hardly 1000rs difference, comapred to $100-150 abroad) Which is better if prices same? if i take 2600, pls recommend cooler option to please.

Mobo? b450 wont come out till aug. - I doubt I will over -clock ( maybe later on ill try these fancy things, this my first pc build ) Also Must have wifi as i dont lan wire.

Ram 16gb, will plan to add more if my my game lags, 8gb maybe more

Graphic card -1050ti or 1060 6gb. Mostly will go for 1060 6gb - 13k 21K was getting at laminton road last week.

Please recommend power supply and case

Things i got is 1 tb sand disk ssd and 24 inch benq monitor or 1080 samsung tv.

Budget 50-60k, after 6-12 months I do plan upgrade to 11 series. ( Im getting sick of playing 15 year old games, wanna get new pc asap )

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Im out of touch with recent prices, ask someone who knows better. Dont bother with 10xx GPU, next gen is right around the corner

Top Bottom