Asus motherboard wont start after cleaning

webdesigncut

Journeyman
Hello friends,
I cleaned my cabinet along with motherboard fans smps etc with help of my hardware engineer
but after cleaning when my hardware engineer started the pc it didnt start the cpu fan was not running although motherboard light was turning on
none of the cabinet fans was not running got 5 cabinet fans
so he tried to use the smps and run just the cabinet fans and the fans were running
he doubts maybe my motherboard is damaged
although mb isstill within warranty bought it 2yrs back from md computers in kolkata

my specs

processor -Athlon 200GE(mdcomputers,has inbuilt graphics)
mothdrboard-Asus prime A320M-K--4325(mdcomputers)
smps corsair watt
2*4gb 2400mhz corsair ram

any help will be appreciated thanks

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Your h/w engineer might have tried all or some of this. If he had tried everything already, and doubts board then better contact ASUS and claim warranty. You can try these troubleshooting things if you haven't done it already.

Clear CMOS.
If you have another PSU, try with that or borrow one from your friends and try.
Do a bench test and use just cpu(with heatsink and cooler)+board+psu. See if it beeps, by the way does your board has speaker, if not get one. Something like this
Add one by one, RAM then HDD. Use just one RAM stick. You can try live Linux as well.

Probability of CPU failure is very less, but still you can try checking that.
If you're not sure, don't do this one. Remove cooler and heatsink, clean the thermal paste. Place your finger on the cpu and start the PC and see if it heats up. Keep the PC on for just 1-3 sec, no more than that. It's long enough to heat up, whether it heats up or not turn off after 3 sec. If it heats up, CPU is fine, if not something wrong with CPU. You have to apply thermal paste and install heatsink and cooler.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Probably a connection issue. Reconnect everything properly once, especially CPU fan and RAM. If it's still doesn't work better to RMA.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
i took the motherboard yesterday at md computers and the hardware engineer told me that this thing happened because my local hw engineer applied so much thermal paste that it spilled into the port of the mb eventually destroying it.. then i took the mb to asus service center they will provide me refurbished one within few days

md computers hw eng tested processor like nac said ,and processor was fine
he even tested with another smps and that didnt start the mb
ram was ok too

this is hard lesson learnt ..thanks everyone for their input

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
i took the motherboard yesterday at md computers and the hardware engineer told me that this thing happened because my local hw engineer applied so much thermal paste that it spilled into the port of the mb eventually destroying it.. then i took the mb to asus service center they will provide me refurbished one within few days

md computers hw eng tested processor like nac said ,and processor was fine
he even tested with another smps and that didnt start the mb
ram was ok too

this is hard lesson learnt ..thanks everyone for their input

Perhaps, He might have applied a large Blob of it instead of a pea sized one. But Is the company giving you refurbished one?

quicky008

Technomancer
did the paste drip into the cpu socket from the heatspreader on your processor?

these h/w engineers are extremely unreliable-their only concern is to finish the job at any cost,take the client's money and run.They dont care if the customer suffers in the process.

OP
webdesigncut

webdesigncut

Journeyman
Perhaps, He might have applied a large Blob of it instead of a pea sized one. But Is the company giving you refurbished one?
yes company giving me refurbished one but not sure when i will get it so i decided to buy same model or regarded one
i discussed it here

@quicky .yes the paste dripped inside the cpu socket

Top Bottom