Asus M5a99fx Pro

alex00888

Broken In
I've an asus m5a99fx mobo (2*4)8gigs of crucial ballistix ram .

I cant set my ram speeds to more than 1066mhz. And when i press the 'mem ok' button on my mobo it sets the speed at 1333mhz but shows only 4gigs of ram.

I've two modules of crucial balistix BLS4G3D1609DS1S00 1600mhz. I checked the QVL and my crucial ballistix is compatible. I saw a lot of people having the same problem but couldn't find any solution for me.

Things i did:
1) used only one stick
2) increased the nb,ram voltage
3) checked my ram sticks on my friend's comp and it worked at 1600mhz
4) flashed the new bios
5) changed the slots
6) used xmp profile

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
A single set of this DRAM correct? Do you have the latest BIOS? If not, get that and try XMP.

If you already have the latest, then it might still have a bug in the XMP setup, try enabling XMP, Select Profile 1 and then Select Profile 2 as well if it there in your Ram settings and raise DRAM voltage + 0.06

Might be DRAM is at AUTO and needs to be changed to Manual, some also use the + or the - keys to make adjustments

Adjust the voltage between 1.53 -1.56 and see what happens.

OP
alex00888

alex00888

Broken In
A single set of this DRAM correct? Do you have the latest BIOS? If not, get that and try XMP.

If you already have the latest, then it might still have a bug in the XMP setup, try enabling XMP, Select Profile 1 and then Select Profile 2 as well if it there in your Ram settings and raise DRAM voltage + 0.06

Might be DRAM is at AUTO and needs to be changed to Manual, some also use the + or the - keys to make adjustments

Adjust the voltage between 1.53 -1.56 and see what happens.
As i already said i increased the voltage of DRAM, its didn't help

OP
alex00888

alex00888

Broken In
Have you flashed your bios to the latest Version 2501
If your ram still does not fit then you have to swap with either Kingston or Corsair RAMs.
Alright ill check it out on my friend's pc . And is there any way that my motherboard would be defective?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Alright ill check it out on my friend's pc . And is there any way that my motherboard would be defective?

Because you have flashed your bios recently it might have corrupted your bios chip and so not working at all. If there is still warranty left then send it for RMA as no other option left for you now.
It once happened to my Asrock Mobo so buying only Gigabyte Mobos because they have 2 bioses. 1 backup bios as well.

OP
alex00888

alex00888

Broken In
Because you have flashed your bios recently it might have corrupted your bios chip and so not working at all. If there is still warranty left then send it for RMA as no other option left for you now.
It once happened to my Asrock Mobo so buying only Gigabyte Mobos because they have 2 bioses. 1 backup bios as well.
Alright! Thank you

Top Bottom