asus laptop asking to select boot device everytime i boot it

andy_65_in

Padawan
i am getting this error whenever i boot my laptop...see the attached file.my current BIOS version (308) has a been updated to version(309) by me just now but even after that this error remains..i.i had got a 1 TB HDD added about 6 months ago whereas my OEM harddisk is a 256 GB SSD.what could be wrong

Attachments

• asus 11 pdf.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Check each and every BIOS option and see if there’s anything like always display boot menu and if that’s enabled. Every BIOS is different and I can only guess from here.
Set BIOS to defaults and check again.

It may be possible that the key that opens up boot menu (e.g. F7 F8 F12 whatever applicable) is damaged and it automatically getting activated as if it's pressed during boot.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
ok..this problem is resolved.but a new problem has started that is my cursor is jumping crazily all over my webpages..what can i do.tried some utube fixes but the problem is still on.just before tghis problem i also had few keys not working in the laptop..which now seems to be ok.are these all pointing to a short circuited keyboard.please advice

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Disable touchpad and use external USB mouse and see if the cursor is stable.
Boot off live linux and observe cursor behavior.

Last edited:
OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
But some keys not functioning also stopped on its own.However the jumping cursor problem is stiill on

Even with extrrnal mouse same problem

Top Bottom