Seagate 120 GB SATA HDD
Creative SB live 24 bit 7.1 with Creative inspire 6.1 Speakers
SMPS ANTEC 550 W Eps (36 A on +12v)
LG DVD writer
Sony CD drive

OS Checked on

Genuine WINDOWS XP and
Genuine WINDOWS XP SP2

I have put an extra fan on the XFX which do not come in built and chasis is ventilated using
3 extra fans. They draw power from an external DC power of 12V.

The problem is that while playing a movie CD or a DVD movie or sometimes while running some games ,the monitor goes out of signal and show the message off mode in 5 sec, and then the CPU still running. The sound card also gets stuck and the sound stops playing.
This happens almost within 2 minutes While playing games like Dues EX II the same problem occurs but a game 'FARCRY' is working perfect even for a long time continuosly about 6 hours. The bios is set to defaults and the onboard audio is disabled. No overclocking is done.All other settings are the defaults. The drivers which come with the Products are installed.This is a new system i assembled hardly a month back.

Please HELP........PLEASE..............[/b]

mohit

The Hardware Labs
it seems like a driver problem to me. also have u done any modifications to the xfx card physically ? do the following , it may help.

:arrow: update all drivers with a clean format and reinstall. also update bios.

:arrow: if dat doesnt work then start stripping ur comp of components one by one and see the status. like first remove and check the ram modules individually , then try removing the sound card and use the onboard audio , then remove extra stuff like modems etc. do this with patience and maybe u will get hold of the malfunctioning device.

:arrow: all the above fails then try to use ur components in somebody elses machine.

:arrow: nothing works then just pray to god. best of luk.

and ya it can also be a game problem , so install more games and see and get latest patches for games also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom