Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Increased Draw Distance

*s2.postimg.org/eixb6ncfd/assassins_creed_origins.jpg​

Last edited by a moderator:

gameranand

Living to Play
The draw distance in this game and ghost recon wildlands is also really good. I want to buy and play the game but the price puts me off.

Last edited by a moderator:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Assassin’s Creed Origins is still not working on CPUs without SSE 4.1 & 4.2, like the AMD Phenom II CPUs

It’s been more than a month since the release of Assassin’s Creed Origins and users with CPUs that lack SSE 4.1 or 4.2 support are still unable to play the game. This is an issue that plagued numerous games in the past. However, and contrary to other developers, Ubisoft does not seem willing to patch the game.

This very same issue plagued Destiny 2 and Bungie was quick to react. Although the Phenom II CPUs were not listed on the game’s PC requirements, Vicarious Visions released a patch that added support for these CPUs.

According to reports and speculations, this incompatibility may be due to the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. Other Denuvo games that suffered from the same issue were Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Dishonored 2. However, both Arkane Studios and Konami released patches that added support for CPUs that lacked SSE 4.1 or 4.2. Moreover, both of these games are still using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech.

In other words, it is possible to add support for these CPUs without removing the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. And while other developers have listened to their fans, Ubisoft is not willing to add support for these CPUs in Assassin’s Creed Origins.

When a fan asked for a patch that would resolve the crashing issues PC gamers experience when using non-SSE CPUs, like the AMD Phenom II, Ubisoft replied and stated that these CPUs are lower than those listed in its Minimum PC Requirements:

“Thank you for reaching Ubisoft Customer Support. My name is Manuel and I will be assisting you with your case.

I am sorry to bear these news, but your system is below the minimum system requirements for Assassin’s Creed: Origins. Please see this link – *blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-…ents-revealed/ – for reference.

I understand this was not the solution you were looking for and I want to apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your comprehension and patience in this matter.

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else. I will be here to help you if you need.”

There is currently a big thread on the official forum with complaints about the lack of support for non-SSE CPUs.

We hope that Ubisoft will listen to its fans and release a patch that will add support to non-SSE CPUs. As said, this won’t jeopardize Assassin’s Creed: Origins’ protection system. However, and for the time being, this is something that Ubisoft is not really looking into!

Source:Assassin’s Creed Origins is still not working on CPUs without SSE 4.1 & 4.2, like the AMD Phenom II CPUs | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Never played AC series....
Now If I start the game from AC1, should I complete in sequence or skip some in the middle ?

AC actually killed POP which I don't like :emoji_rage:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Now If I start the game from AC1, should I complete in sequence or skip some in the middle ?

IMO, it's a good thing. Stars that burn the brightest burn-out the fastest. Ubisoft tried to reboot PoP but failed. Perhaps they might attempt again in the future, but until then the current trilogy is still pretty good.

gameranand

Living to Play

Assassins games till AC 3 are in sequence and direct continuation from previous games. After that game goes astray. So if you want to play for story then play till 3 one after another. After that its your call if you want to skip or not.

Zangetsu

Assassins games till AC 3 are in sequence and direct continuation from previous games. After that game goes astray. So if you want to play for story then play till 3 one after another. After that its your call if you want to skip or not.
How many in the series have u played ?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
AC1 - The one that started it all. Altair(the protagonist) feels like a true assassin in this one. Old Syria, Israel location.
AC2 - Highly improved game-play over AC1. Playboy Ezio. Italy location. Da Vinci.
AC Brotherhood - A polished AC2. Ezio's storyline continued. Rome location. Da Vinci again.
AC Revelations - Ezio's storyline continued. Constantinople. Ezio seeks out Altair's vault.
AC3 - Doesn't feel like an assassin in this one at all. Colonial America setting.
AC4 - Pirates. Ship battles. Amazing ocean tech. Jungle areas. Caribbean setting. Something completely different than mainline AC games.

Haven't played after that.

Zangetsu

AC1 - The one that started it all. Altair(the protagonist) feels like a true assassin in this one. Old Syria, Israel location.
AC2 - Highly improved game-play over AC1. Playboy Ezio. Italy location. Da Vinci.
AC Brotherhood - A polished AC2. Ezio's storyline continued. Rome location. Da Vinci again.
AC Revelations - Ezio's storyline continued. Constantinople. Ezio seeks out Altair's vault.
AC3 - Doesn't feel like an assassin in this one at all. Colonial America setting.
AC4 - Pirates. Ship battles. Amazing ocean tech. Jungle areas. Caribbean setting. Something completely different than mainline AC games.

Haven't played after that.
Thanks, so the 6 games I have to play now

Top Bottom