Assassin's Creed 2 problem

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I purchased Assassin's Creed 2 a few weeks ago but it doesn't work very well. I installed the game after I got internet on my desktop, but it doesn't seem to work.. :(

Everytime I run it, the game launches an updater and starts to update the game, and usually shows remaining time to be 0.5-3 hours, but ends in <10 minutes! I have let it update more than 10 times thinking that updates will end, but they are endless:x
This is how it updates the game:
*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Capture4111.JPG

can someone please guide me about how to solve this problem and play the game? :(

Check if the updater is in the firewall exceptions list. Also, is there any option to change download region?

And exit utorrent and steam this time. Uploading stuff also cuts bandwidth speed.

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
There are 3 AC2 programs in exception list:
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed II Update
Assassin's Creed II Uplay

After pausing downloads on utorrent and steam:
*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Capture5111.JPG

Another thing I found just now that the application which finds the update(Autopatch) stores the update info in a temporary file, and this file always has a new filename

UPDATE:

A new window came in now after updating 2 more times:
*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/Capture6911.JPG

But nothing else is happening :(

I updated the game once more, and allowed it to patch for about half an hour and now I can play the game. Thanks, and Sorry for wasting your time! :|

Top Bottom