asrock motherboard with AGI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
i have P4 1.7 Ghz and an asrock 845GV motherboard with something AGI port instead of a AGP one.i am currently using nvidia mx 440 card with no problem.but i want some better upgrade for my graphic card by which i can play some current games with playable frame-rate.i don't want any thrill-fill but atleast i can play smoothly.i want by nvidia 6200 or nvidia 6600 (AGP one but at nehru place they don,t have these).
my problem is according to my m/b manual amd asrock site ,these cards are not present on supported cards (it has at maximum a FX card).can i use these cards with my mobo .any one using asrock mobo with agi ,please sort me out.and which card i choose.

napster007

Padawan
hey dude. i have an asrock intel 915gl mobo. even i have a agi-ex. but for me i bought an 7300le with pci-ex support and it fits perfectly fine.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I also have a same motherboard of same model and same company :p :) :D :D

I use a nVidia GeForce FX 5200 graphic card in my machine. It has a AGP 8x interface and it runs well for most of my works and some good games.(Well not FEAR or Oblivion:D :D )

You can also use FX 5500 and some models from the FX series. As well as some ATI gfx card with AGP 8X or 4X interface. So when choosing the gfx card please ensure the interface of the card.

Look below for more info:

*img256.imageshack.us/img256/1604/agpod1.th.jpg

*img441.imageshack.us/img441/6629/agp2wa8.th.jpg

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
napster007 said:
it can also support pci-e cards. though i don't know how. i run my 7300le on it. works fine

Are you sure that you are getting the full bandwidth of pci express x16 from the AGI slot?? :confused: :confused:

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
You all are confusing me. From my thought ,may be 915 mobo supports pcie but 845 mobo that is mine supports agp.and one more thing AGi and AGI-express are other things (AGi=AGP/PCI cards ,AGI-Ex=AGP/PCIe Cards). And on safe side which is better 6200 or 6600 agp version. 6600 is not in the marketin delhi. What to do.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom