Are Chromebooks any good?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
As my cousin's birthday is approaching and while finding an appropriate gift for him, I came across This Chromebook.
Now he is a student, and needs it for his online classes and to view some PDFs. As far as I know, This Chromebook supports Android apps.

Specs:-
  • Intel Celeron N4020 Dual Core @ 1.1GHz.
  • 4GB DDR4 RAM.
  • 64 Gb SSD
  • Runs on ChromeOS.
Also to mention, He needs a touch screen enabled notebook. He specifically wants Chromebook, So any idea if this is a good pick? Or is should consider anything else?
Now the question - Is this Chromebook worth the money considering the fact he does not have to do any sorts of gaming and need it only for media purposes.

-Will this Chromebook Start to lag or have problems in a few months?

-Do tell if u know any other good Chromebook around this budget.

-Any way to upgrade RAM, Though it is soldered on the board but this is not mentioned on the website.

EDIT:-

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans. 30k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Ans. Anything Above 10 inch. No restrictions on weight

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Viewing PDFs and using google meet for online classes. Also drawing.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Android if possible.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:Avita, RDP and similar low quality brands.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Shud be durable, Last longest possible time.
  • Available at reliance digital or similar.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill this:
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-laptop-notebook-purchase.156722/

I won't buy a Chromebook at 30k. And nobody should buy a dual core laptop in 2020. I think you can install ChromeOs like any other linux distro on an older laptop as well. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, why is touchscreen a requirement? Is there any specific application which needs touchscreen?

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Fill this:
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-laptop-notebook-purchase.156722/

I won't buy a Chromebook at 30k. And nobody should buy a dual core laptop in 2020. I think you can install ChromeOs like any other linux distro on an older laptop as well. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, why is touchscreen a requirement? Is there any specific application which needs touchscreen?

TBH I don't know, He was asking for a touch screen laptop. But most of them exceeded my budget. But as I need to gift, I need to buy a new one for him...

Do tell any other recommendation at this price which I can gift him.

Or should I consider the Galaxy tab s6 lite with keyboard? Is it worth it? As he specifically wants to use google Meet and view some PDFs

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^Then you should ask him. Good laptops with touch screen are expensive. If its just for studying using google meet and pdfs, I would've assembled a desktop with an external webcam.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
^Then you should ask him. Good laptops with touch screen are expensive. If its just for studying using google meet and pdfs, I would've assembled a desktop with an external webcam.
Anything like a good tablet will also work as keyboard can be used with it. But should be under 30k.

Should I consider Tab s6 lite? I can add a keyboard with it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
That HP Chromebook looks overpriced and not worth the money.

If your cousin wants a touchscreen then go for Tabs of alteast 10" screen size.

*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Galaxy-10-1-...=apple+ipad&qid=1597417691&s=computers&sr=1-3

*www.amazon.in/dp/B089H13XX8/ref=twister_B089YXL5BK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Top Bottom