Are all keyboards that are both mechanical as well as tactile, also feathertouch?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Honestly, I didn't understand your question. I have never seen the term "feathertouch" associated with mechanical keyboards before.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sounds like a job for red or brown switches. I am not sure about the activation distance for red switches but from what I have experienced from brown (Romer) switches, the activation distance is a significant and not what I would call "feather touch".

DestGod

Journeyman
I am not sure about the activation distance for red switches
It's usually 2mm. Hyperx's own red switches have a 1.8mm actuation distance, but both are practically the same.

the activation distance is a significant and not what I would call "feather touch".
I suppose feathertouch means easy to click without much force needed. I've never heard of feathertouch either. Perhaps the keys found on laptops or as mentioned earlier, LP keyboards are what OP means. I recall Roccat having an LP keyboard. Only for the keycaps though, not the switches.
Linear or optical switches would also make sense.

Red can be considered "feather touch", just a bit of press is enough to register the keystroke on my TUF K3 with Kailh red switches. But I end up bottoming the keys out anyways. I would personal prefer brown keys because of accidental key presses on red.

Brown will provide the tactile bump but won't be "feather touch" IMO

Top Bottom