Arch Linux ARM for Raspberry Pi available for download

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Source - Arch Linux ARM available for download | Raspberry Pi

Arch Linux ARM available for download

Arch Linux ARM for Raspberry Pi is now ready to go! It’s available now on our downloads page. Huge thanks to Dave (pepedog on the forums) for working so hard on this project over the last six months.

Says Liam:

Thanks to Velocix for providing us with free usage of their Content Delivery Network and also a huge thanks to all of our community donated mirrors. Please do not be offended if your mirror has not been added to the load balancer; It has taken days to get it to the point where it is now and I feel that we have plenty of capacity.

Thanks to Shaun (ZeroHour) from Edugeek.net for helping me with server configuration and the design of the load balancing system, to Turbo @ frambozenbier.org for helping out in general with testing and implementation, and to thank Zach Cross for code reviews and his general support of the system.

Finally, thanks to hxxr and Hugo Rodrigues for pointing out security flaws in the load balancer system which have now been fixed.

Arch Linux ARM is based on Arch Linux, which aims for simplicity and full control to the end user. It provides a lightweight base structure that allows you to shape the system to your needs. For this reason, the Arch Linux ARM image for the Raspberry Pi does not come with a graphical user interface, though you can easily install one yourself. Please note that this distribution may not be suitable for beginners.

Arch Linux ARM is on a rolling-release cycle that can be updated daily through small packages instead of huge updates every few months.

To update the package list:

Code:
pacman -Syu

To Install LXDE:
Code:
pacman -S lxde xorg-xinit xf86-video-fbdev

To run LXDE:

Code:
xinit /usr/bin/lxsession

More information is available at archlinuxarm.org

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really. Lots of community effort has gone into making the Raspberry Pi production-worthy and purchase-worthy. And this is not something commissioned by the Indian Government :wink:
Wanted to buy on day #1. As soon as the sale started, all I could see was server timing out. May be due to load or whatever. Need proper servers before selling any sort of stuff.

Top Bottom