Apple's next gen iPhone may sport "Dual Lens" Camera with a 21 MP Sony Exmor Sensor

ritvij

rated R
Sony has just débuted a new image sensor for mobile devices that incorporates a “stacked” design, which offers a more compact form factor while still improving dramatically on overall performance.It’s reasonable to speculate that the next-gen iPhone (and iPad) devices could reap the benefits of the 21-megapixel Exmor RS IMX230.

On the most recent episode of The Talk Show podcast, Daring Fireball’s John Gruber revealed that “a birdie of a birdie” told him Apple is working on a two-lens system for incorporation in the next-generation iPhone.

The specific thing I heard is that next year’s camera might be the biggest camera jump ever. I don’t even know what sense this makes, but I’ve heard that it’s some kind of weird two-lens system where the back camera uses two lenses and it somehow takes it up into DSLR quality imagery.

Well, looks like HTC M8 Eye may get some competition!

Read More at: [BREAKING] Apple’s next gen iPhone may sport “Dual Lenses” alongside Sony’s 21 MP Exmor RS Sensor! | CryBytes – A Cryzania Inc. Venture

Top Bottom