Apple Posts Record June Quarter Revenue and Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Apple Posts Record June Quarter Revenue and Profit

Posting revenue of $5.41 billion and net quarterly profit of $818 million, or $.92 per diluted share, Apple today announced its financial results for its third fiscal quarter, ending June 30, 2007. The results, representing the highest June quarter revenue and profit in company history, compare to revenue of $4.37 billion and net quarterly profit of $472 million, or $.54 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Apple shipped 1,764,000 Macs (a new company record by more than 150,000 computers) and sold 9,815,000 iPods, a 21% growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple hopes to sell its one-millionth iPhone by the end of its first full quarter of sales, the company also announced.

Read more...

Go get 'em, I say. :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Recently it was shown that Apple gave wrong info about the activated iPhone in the first weekend. I doubt the authenticity of any report published by Apple now.

Oh well, this is business. Everyone lies. Why won't sales go up, now that Mac can run Windows & they are gr8 machines for those who just like OEM & things at default (iMac, Mac Mini).

People buy Mac to flaunt, then install Vista on it to work :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
any company that makes a 100% profit on its under productive products by thugging and brain washing humble humans and then 'hiring' them as salesman has to have profits going up :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Recently it was shown that Apple gave wrong info about the activated iPhone in the first weekend. I doubt the authenticity of any report published by Apple now.
Show me where Apple ever mentioned anything about how many iPhones were activated before this quarterly report. The report about Apple selling half a million iPhones was a rumour. Since TUAW and a lot of other reputed sites reported the same news, it did sound genuine but Apple had their mouth shut up. They have only revealed the actual figures now.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Show me where Apple ever mentioned anything about how many iPhones were activated before this quarterly report. The report about Apple selling half a million iPhones was a rumour.

Yah, right.....wasen't it you & everyone else who saw the report on engadget. Arya, Apple's philosophy is "thook ke chatna".

Since TUAW and a lot of other reputed sites reported the same news,

Nope, they are all apple centric reputed sites. You want real reputed sites then look at CNet, BBC, News.com etc

it did sound genuine but Apple had their mouth shut up. They have only revealed the actual figures now.

And Apple stock was down 4% :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, because the fake reports had blown up the sales figures out of proportion. It would have been awesome if they had sold half a million iPhones but selling more than two lac iPhones is still huge. It is still a world record!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
It would have been awesome if they had sold half a million iPhones but selling more than two lac iPhones is still huge. It is still a world record!
Lolz...wasen't it Steve Jobs who said "Be careful when u go to buy iPhone, you might face lots of crowd" or "We are trying very hard to keep up with the supply, I am sure we will be in shortage of supply due to high demand".

(The actual words may differ)

So, Apple has just been iHyping, isn't it.

Nokia selling 200 million Nokia 1100 is a world record

P.S. = U still have to tell me how to mount & see multisession DVDs in Finder, or which company lets to send you Mac to them to install a Blu Ray drive.
From my inquiry in Apple forums, Multisession DVDs cannot be used in Mac, but since u r the self proclaimed Mac genius, do tell all of us here how to do it.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Lolz...wasen't it Steve Jobs who said "Be careful when u go to buy iPhone, you might face lots of crowd" or "We are trying very hard to keep up with the supply, I am sure we will be in shortage of supply due to high demand".

(The actual words may differ)

So, Apple has just been iHyping, isn't it.
First of all, he did not say that. Second, maybe you did not notice but there were a lot people waiting for the phone in a line four days in advance and there was huge demand for it. Third, what you are saying only serves to prove that Apple is a brilliant company that knows how to market their products.

gx_saurav said:
Nokia selling 200 million Nokia 1100 is a world record
Yeah, great. Absolutely logical, comparing a phone that's been out for years to one that hasn't even been out for a month yet. Selling more than 200,000 phones in two days is a world record. Heck, no other phone's even been close to that kind of a spectacular launch, not even the Motorola Razr which has the second best when it comes to the number of units sold at launch.

gx_saurav said:
P.S. = U still have to tell me how to mount & see multisession DVDs in Finder, or which company lets to send you Mac to them to install a Blu Ray drive.[/B] From my inquiry in Apple forums, Multisession DVDs cannot be used in Mac, but since u r the self proclaimed Mac genius, do tell all of us here how to do it.
I use multisession DVDs and the Finder reads them just fine. Each session is mounted as a separate disc. It is true, however, that Toast and Disco do not support burning multisession DVDs, which is a shame. And Mac OS X does sometimes have problems with multisession discs written in Windows and vice versa - but that is just as much of a problem with Windows as it is with Mac OS X.

gx_saurav said:
which company lets to send you Mac to them to install a Blu Ray drive.
FastMac debuts Blu-ray Drive for your fast (or slow) Mac
First Blu-ray drive for Mac unveiled
Blu-ray Disc for Mac is here

Just learn to shut up every once in a while.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
First of all, he did not say that. Second, maybe you did not notice but there were a lot people waiting for the phone in a line four days in advance and there was huge demand for it. Third, what you are saying only serves to prove that Apple is a brilliant company that knows how to market their products.
Yes, with salesman like u, threatning the critics for death, & sueing anyone who finds a flaw is Apple marketing tectics. :D

I use multisession DVDs and the Finder reads them just fine. Each session is mounted as a separate disc.
And Mac OS X does sometimes have problems with multisession discs written in Windows and vice versa
I wonder, here on a real Mac my Multisession Heroes DVD didn't show, & in Ubuntu after installing UDFTools via Synaptic it worked fine & showd all the seasons. Arya, mind showing screenshot plz.

- but that is just as much of a problem with Windows as it is with Mac OS X.
Problem with Windows, thanx for making me laugh. All multisession DVD's show properly here. A disk I made using BrunAgain DVD in Mac also shows properly in Windows (UDF) but doesn't shows up in Mac itself :p

FastMac debuts Blu-ray Drive for your fast (or slow) Mac
First Blu-ray drive for Mac unveiled
Blu-ray Disc for Mac is here
Even if you have it, You still can't play Blue Ray Disks & HD DVD in your current Mac cos Mac OS X 10.4 has no support for HDCP & the iMacs & your own Macbook pro lacks a HDMI port

If you upgrade to Leopard, & if leopard has support for HDCP even then you can't play cos your gfx card has no HDMI support :D

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
gx_saurav said:
^^^^ Woops, sorry Forum was getting boring. :D

I am out of here.
No please continue..!
There is no place like Digit without you guys..!
Lately did you observe Digit forum has gone little stale. Thanks for pumping it !

Er Gxsaurav one more thing ..Do you carry iMav around your as in spare stephny .
I mean he almost always follows your post. :D

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Er Gxsaurav one more thing ..Do you carry iMav around your as in spare stephny .
I mean he almost always follows your post. :grin:

Lolz...nothing like that. The dude has his own knowledge & existence, which is much much much much.......better then the salesman.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ah like that no its because we re on the same side so most of the time our posts are 1 after another and add to that the fact the mac boys hardly have anything evident to speak other than some stupid links of text writen by other un-paid apple salesman ;) :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
aryayush said:
Apple is a brilliant company that knows how to market their products.

Yup , even iphone. That surely needs some talent .

Apple knows , 'ek dhoondo hazaar milte hai' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom